TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Using Your Type 3 Page: 1, 2  Next
Orbison74 Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:03 pm

I thought this would be a good venue for people to show pictures of their Type 3's in action. No trailer queens aloud. Most Type 3's I see on the road are daily driven. Some even holding 4 or 5 ladders and buckets of paint! To start it off, here's a couple I took on the way across the country last week. I should have taken more. Hopefully some of you add your own.

my parents house:

Ohio:

Illinois

Iowa:

Colorado:

BSQUARE Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:54 pm

It looks like you still have some suspension travel - try harder next time :wink:

I treat mine like a truck with a topper

Took out a retaining wall from someone's backyard, I made 6 or 7 trips home (about 10 miles away) bottomed out.

Found a free wood-burning stove - it would have fit with the hatch shut, had I thought to take out the passenger seat (Ted Bundy would approve)

Ladders? No problem...

Some sidewalk/patio blocks? I could have hauled more...

Orbison74 Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:01 pm

YES!! Thats exactly what I wanted to see. Keep em comin!

ALLWAGONS Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:35 pm

Before she was Fancy, she did a lot of dirty work!

65Nsqback Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Swapping with my panel

And the inside is full as well :)

Orbison74 Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:23 am

that's awesome! these pictures are getting me fired up.

Mike Fisher Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:18 am

I don't even have one picture of the many times mine has been loaded down, but they sure come in handy!

VWporscheGT3 Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:03 pm

wish I would have had the foresight to take a picture back then but when I had my 68 square i bought two t-3 motors (back when i was single and could spend money frivolously..) and I layed down the back seat and slid them in there... wasn't bottomed out but damn near. that was a memorable trip.. you meet some of the coolest people..in a VW

W1K1 Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:57 pm

a trip to the garden center, costco and home depot for some concrete, mine gets driven and used for tranporting stuff daily, I rarely take pictures of it.

rowanfry Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:56 am

Heres a few

Hauling some Ferrari wheels for a friend

Moving house

Moving Islands, both cars loaded up to the max!

Jack square Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:08 pm

mine is daily driven to school and building wagon in the holidays
the classic is having full lengths of 4 by 2 out the side window and rear hatch i need to get a photo next time i do it haha thay get worked hard here in nz
after a days work cant see but she is full of tools

Chino_UK Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:42 am

Never fails to amaze me how much camping gear the Fasty can haul about :)

avesondm Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:24 am

Working hard and I got thirsty so I went to the store.

Clatter Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:08 am

Surfboards!
:D :D

If you cut the struts out from behind the rear seat,
A fastback can haul stuff, too!

Here, a 6'6" fits in and lays flat with scooting the seat up a bit.
If you lean the passenger seat back forward, the biggest that fits is 7'2".

Important that it all fits inside, as you have to have them with you at all times, in case it starts getting good out there....

:D :D :D

t3kg Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:36 am

I moved a couch across town once in my old Square, hatch open. I had to hold my breath because of the exhaust fumes. The Square is long gone but we still have the couch!

spinster Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:34 am

I was on the rear bumpstops yesterday coming back from a swapmeet. Forgot completely to get a pic!
Front and back full, as well as roof rack!!

ClockRoach Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:24 am

Squarebacks sure do love ladders, huh? I haven't gotten myself a fancy vintage style roof rack, but the yakima works great for hauling a kayak or two and I can pop it on or off in just a few seconds.

swivel'n Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:17 pm

Heres my 69 pickin up our christmas tree last year. This thing has turned into my work horse after i put the rack on her!

Nate M. Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:33 am

Proof that the Squarsche is still a working shop-car. . . :lol: Here hauling freshly powder coated engine tins.

Nate M. Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:37 am

swivel'n wrote:

Hey, isn't that a R-E-D-S-K-I-N-S jersey?!?! :wink: :lol: [/u]