TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Got a screaming deal on a 69 Fasty
inzel Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Came across this Fasty on Craigslist and couldnt pass it up. Runs and drives, tires are shot tho, seats are shot, rear pans need replaced, battery tray is solid, no cracks in dash, very very little rust, dual weber 34 icts (probably taking those off and putting them on my 66 bug), all lights work, body is nearly perfect, it appears to not have original paint. Stoked.

Ill post more pics soon so these two will have to suffice for now...

Let me know what you think. My girl seems to really like it so I am going to fix it up and give it to her. I will need to get some rear floor pans for each side so I was thinking of reaching out to Gerson. Any thoughts on that?

Yabbadubbadoo Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:01 pm

Nice one. They're never perfect unless they've been in a time capsule so be prepared for some surprises but it does appear that you've scored yourself a better than average car. Good luck with getting her on the road again. Keep us posted.

eyetzr Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:26 am

Welcome, nice looking car. Looks like a 1969, check out Clatter's build, he has done some amazing work & has some detailed pictures & insight to your project.

asesapie Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:23 am

Nice buy, I was going to check the fasty out but it just didn't happen. I'm pretty sure from the pictures I saw of it though that it has savannah beige under the hood. Did someone spray blue over the beige?

Mike Fisher Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:53 am

If the original dash doesn't have any cracks then it has been stored indoors and is still pretty solid! 8)