TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 67 Squareback
sandbags Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:49 pm

Just bought a 67 Squareback, but I have a question(s). First, what is the best site to get type 3 parts, what is the name of the tube like piece that helps hold the engine up towards the back, and lastly not sure if I can find it, so wanted to see if any one can give me some specs so I can fabricate one. Thanks in advance. I would post a pic but don't know how to post pics on here.

Danwvw Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:13 pm

Sounds like part of the frame! Here is a photo form a type 3 search of the samba gallery:

Danwvw Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:24 pm

Found this ad doing a Type 3 search in the samba classifieds: Type 3 Sub Frame.

MonT3 Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:36 pm

Read up on how to post pics here
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6
Your best bet for getting parts for your 67 is this site. Check the classifieds. You can do a search for 1967, 67, 67 only, .etc. Pieces are out there.

Are you speaking of the engine hanger tube that fits into the donut piece? See arrow below...

Or are you speaking of the sub-frame like Danwvw posted

sandbags Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:08 am

Yes that's exactly the piece I'm looking for. I saw the items for sale her on The Samba, I was looking for a place just in case if I can't find it here on the samba. Thank you

Bobnotch Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:48 am

sandbags wrote: Yes that's exactly the piece I'm looking for. I saw the items for sale her on The Samba, I was looking for a place just in case if I can't find it here on the samba. Thank you

Keep in mind that tbe was used all the way thru t0 1973, so it's not a "1 year specific" part. :D

Mike Fisher Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:25 am

Bobnotch wrote: sandbags wrote: Yes that's exactly the piece I'm looking for. I saw the items for sale her on The Samba, I was looking for a place just in case if I can't find it here on the samba. Thank you

Keep in mind that tbe was used all the way thru t0 1973, so it's not a "1 year specific" part. :D

The 62-68 swing axle sub frame is different than the 69-73 IRS sub frame.

aircoolnut Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:25 am

ISP West is a great source for new and used Type 3 parts. They have the part you're looking for.
http://www.vwispwest.com/311199021.html?page=1

ataraxia Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:55 am

I would say that there really isn't a 'one stop shop' for type 3 parts as there is for T1 or T2 vehicles, although ISP West does carry quite a few parts.

Many parts interchange with T1 so be careful you don't wind up paying T3 prices for what is really a T1 part.

sandbags Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:39 pm

I'll definitely check out ISP WEST thanks again.