TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: rotary engine and kennedy adapter and stuff
bugshoptimmy Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:03 pm

We purchased a 69 ghia that the PO was in the process of installinn a mazda rx7 engine in. Fortunately the car was unmolested but I find myself with the rotary engine (non turbo)
, all the fuel injection, webber 2 barrel side draft carb setup, kennedy adapter and all the goodies and much more that I have no desire to do anything with.

Does anyone know what all of this is worth?

How/where on here would/should I list it on here?

Timmy

Letterman7 Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:56 am

What year motor? Problem is, if it hasn't been taken care of the apex seals might be toast - and cost more to replace than sometimes the engine is worth. Depending on the age (whether it's a 12A, 13B etc) you're probably looking between $300 and $800 on a good day. eBay is your best unload option I think, or list it in the engine classifieds here.

bugshoptimmy Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:20 am

I think it's a 86 13b. The PO was big into RX7 and was telling me about all the things done to it but I'd have to look back at emails for details.

On amother note, Love your sterling!
I had 2 a long time ago.

Letterman7 wrote: What year motor? Problem is, if it hasn't been taken care of the apex seals might be toast - and cost more to replace than sometimes the engine is worth. Depending on the age (whether it's a 12A, 13B etc) you're probably looking between $300 and $800 on a good day. eBay is your best unload option I think, or list it in the engine classifieds here.

evsky123 Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:24 am

Any chance of some info and pics of the webber and the efi gear could be keen on it depending. Cheers Ev