TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Charlotte Transporter Show #12! May 16th, 2015 Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
VWsArent4Hippies Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:31 am

We are pleased to announce Charlotte Transporter Show #12! With the great feedback we received from last year's show the location will remain the same.

12601 Moores Chapel Rd
Charlotte, NC 28214

Saturday, May 16th, 2015
Gates open at 8am
$5 to show, includes swap if you are in an Aircooled Type 2.
$20 to swap if you are not in an Aircooled Type 2.

We will have a concession stand/food vendor on site.

For more info contact Monkey Nut VW at (704) 598-6219 or [email protected]

Rules:
-Please no loud music, burnouts or other disrespectful behavior on the property!
-If you are going to bring dogs/pets PLEASE have them on a leash and pick up after them or you will be asked to leave!

The event will be paired with a vintage bicycle show (also same as previous years), so throw your classic bike in your bus and come on out and enjoy both shows!

Here are all the photos post in the Samba Gallery from this event

60vwnewengland Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:36 pm

Driving the Swivel Seat! Marked on the calendar, can't wait!

scvw Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:59 pm

Cool. So there might be 3 swivel seat buses at the show this year.

j.pickens Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:12 pm

scvw wrote: Cool. So there might be 3 swivel seat buses at the show this year.
Or even four. If the four SS kombis I'm thinking of show up, I be!ieve that would be a record for any show, anywhere, for kombis. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

scvw Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:13 am

j.pickens wrote: scvw wrote: Cool. So there might be 3 swivel seat buses at the show this year.
Or even four. If the four SS kombis I'm thinking of show up, I be!ieve that would be a record for any show, anywhere, for kombis. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh snap John. I forgot about Dan. Hope he brings his up too!

campingbox Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:57 am

j.pickens wrote: scvw wrote: Cool. So there might be 3 swivel seat buses at the show this year.

Since swivel seat kombis are played out, I think you should bring the Baja.

Craig Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:16 pm

campingbox wrote:

...I think you should bring the Baja
and take a side trip to Hatteras.

mattcuddy Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:10 pm

campingbox wrote: i think you should bring the Baja.

Agreed. And you should have to wear a nomex suit, helmet, goggles and race gloves all weekend.

You think it's just a coincidence that the Baja 1,000 and round trip to CTS from NJ and back are both one thousand miles? I certainly don't. I dub this trip/race the "Charlotte 1,000".

campingbox Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:10 am

mattcuddy wrote: campingbox wrote: i think you should bring the Baja.

Agreed. And you should have to wear a nomex suit, helmet, goggles and race gloves all weekend.

You think it's just a coincidence that the Baja 1,000 and round trip to CTS from NJ and back are both one thousand miles? I certainly don't. I dub this trip/race the "Charlotte 1,000".

That would be cool, maybe you and Gibbs should get dressed up too?

tferr Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:39 pm

We have three Canadian buses planning on making the trip down next year....looking for anymore that want to carabus down...planning on leaving from Fort Erie on May 13th ...no interstate driving ..any road made for 36hsp is fair game

zuggbug Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:16 pm

tferr wrote: We have three Canadian buses planning on making the trip down next year....looking for anymore that want to carabus down...planning on leaving from Fort Erie on May 13th ...no interstate driving ..any road made for 36hsp is fair game

Outstanding.. Can't wait to check out the 15 as well as Eric's westy.

scvw Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:13 pm

zuggbug wrote: tferr wrote: We have three Canadian buses planning on making the trip down next year....looking for anymore that want to carabus down...planning on leaving from Fort Erie on May 13th ...no interstate driving ..any road made for 36hsp is fair game

:D

campingbox Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:56 pm

scvw wrote: zuggbug wrote: tferr wrote: We have three Canadian buses planning on making the trip down next year....looking for anymore that want to carabus down...planning on leaving from Fort Erie on May 13th ...no interstate driving ..any road made for 36hsp is fair game

:D

I'd like to see the '58 w in person too.

earlywesty Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:59 pm

You mean my baywindow hightop? :wink:

My old westy is a bit beat but it works okay. This would be the longest trip I've taken it on by far so I need to do some prep work to ensure she's ready. That will probably take me till May, lol.

vw7266 Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:45 am

tferr wrote: We have three Canadian buses planning on making the trip down next year....looking for anymore that want to carabus down...planning on leaving from Fort Erie on May 13th ...no interstate driving ..any road made for 36hsp is fair game

thats awesome you all are coming down....rollin with the Ohio crew was a possibility until I read the part about no interstates and 36hp :lol:

earlywesty Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:41 pm

vw7266 wrote: tferr wrote: We have three Canadian buses planning on making the trip down next year....looking for anymore that want to carabus down...planning on leaving from Fort Erie on May 13th ...no interstate driving ..any road made for 36hsp is fair game

thats awesome you all are coming down....rollin with the Ohio crew was a possibility until I read the part about no interstates and 36hp :lol:

c'mon brad slow down and enjoy the sights :wink:

We'll be leaving early and making a trip out of it on back roads through some of the national forests. If anybody has any must see stops along the way from Buffalo, ny post them up. Hoping to arrive on Friday if anybody can recommend a place to stay in/near Charlotte.

zuggbug Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:48 pm

buseric wrote: vw7266 wrote: tferr wrote: We have three Canadian buses planning on making the trip down next year....looking for anymore that want to carabus down...planning on leaving from Fort Erie on May 13th ...no interstate driving ..any road made for 36hsp is fair game

c'mon brad slow down and enjoy the sights :wink:

We'll be leaving early and making a trip out of it on back roads through some of the national forests. If anybody has any must see stops along the way from Buffalo, ny post them up. Hoping to arrive on Friday if anybody can recommend a place to stay in/near Charlotte.

If you want to camp, several people camp at monkey nut shop. If you want to stay in a hotel like mary and I do, we typically stay at the Hampton Inn and suites at the Charlotte

WideFive Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:34 am

vw7266 wrote: tferr wrote: We have three Canadian buses planning on making the trip down next year....

X2 Keep those slow ass hippie busses out of our way :lol:

zuggbug wrote: If you want to camp, several people camp at monkey nut shop. If you want to stay in a hotel like mary and I do, we typically stay at the Hampton Inn and suites at the Charlotte

Like Paul said, all the cool kids will be "camping" at Monkey Nut Fri night. Even if you do get a hotel be sure to hit up the Monkey Nut festivities and plan to stay for a while... the late night dance competitions and attention whores are epic, eh :shock:

Sat. night there is camping at the track as well, with hotels not far away too.

Really glad to hear you guys are making it down. It's well worth the trip and a full weekend with MonkeyNut Fri night, CTS Sat and Fast Times at Famington on Sunday.

tferr Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:01 pm

WideFive wrote: vw7266 wrote: tferr wrote: We have three Canadian buses planning on making the trip down next year....

zuggbug wrote: If you want to camp, several people camp at monkey nut shop. If you want to stay in a hotel like mary and I do, we typically stay at the Hampton Inn and suites at the Charlotte

Like Paul said, all the cool kids will be "camping" at Monkey Nut Fri night. Even if you do get a hotel be sure to hit up the Monkey Nut festivities and plan to stay for a while... the late night dance competitions and attention whores are epic, eh :shock:

Really glad to hear you guys are making it down. It's well worth the trip and a full weekend with MonkeyNut Fri night, CTS Sat and Fast Times at Famington on Sunday.

Hey Aaron yeah I am really looking forward to making it down. Its only an 18 hour drive eh!

Hey Paul, Bren and I will be staying at the Hampton as well. This old body cant handle camping any more

Eric keeps trying to get me to put in a classic Canadian Camper Kit from vwuguy

earlywesty Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:48 am

tferr wrote: WideFive wrote: vw7266 wrote: tferr wrote: We have three Canadian buses planning on making the trip down next year....

Hey Aaron yeah I am really looking forward to making it down. Its only an 18 hour drive eh!

Hey Paul, Bren and I will be staying at the Hampton as well. This old body cant handle camping any more

Eric keeps trying to get me to put in a classic Canadian Camper Kit from vwuguy

Get the drill out! That 15w foo-foo bus needs some wood paneling.