TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: what's wrong- eng pulses???
brooksinc1976 Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:07 am

Long story short, found some rust, fixed the rust and went back with rubber mounts on my rail. Now when I drive (I noticed when I was idling around) The engine surges and I feel the shifter moving forward and backwards. I can see the engine moving about the mounts; I assume that is enough to move the engine pulling on the throttle cable ever so slightly to advance the power.

I know I always like to see a pic so Here is one.

Also, During my welding a spark hit my throttle cable and pop goes the weasel luckily only a mile away from help and tools(I didn't have everything in my toolbox plus redneck engineering we used some baling wire to get me on the road again). And to add insult to injury I burned my hand Ha.

Back on topic what do you think is the cause solution the the pulsing of RPM

THX

EnjoyNukaCola Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:28 am

If the engine is moving around, check mounts (see note). Note: Engine should not be moving around. Check for misfiring, plugs, timing, valves, and all that ignition shenanigans.

brooksinc1976 Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:33 am

Yea the eng is running pretty good but when I rev it up I can see it moving at the tray mount forward and backward.

KrAzY-BaJa Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:59 pm

frame horns broke/ splitting? are they supported

brooksinc1976 Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:19 pm

Yes that is where I found the rust and supported all of it bracing where the horns me for the transmission/engine mounts