TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: V-DUB boat for bus
GoingHawgWyld Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:26 pm

Greetings!

I have a V-DUB boat for the top of a VW bus that has been sitting around for years. Have been using it as a boat in my pond. Still has the original sticker but is in need of some TLC and cleaning. I really did not know what it was until I did some research. The decal is on upside down and I was wondering why, so I did some internet searching. Find out it is a boat for the bus. Not much info on it but figure someone may want a vary rare accessory that was sold by the Volkswagen company for their bus. Does anyone know anything about this? Value? Interest?

Ken in California

Glenn Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:29 pm

pictures?

cdennisg Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:43 pm

here's a thread... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=265287&highlight=boat

GoingHawgWyld Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:44 pm

I will take some pictures of mine tomorrow and post...

GoingHawgWyld Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:47 pm

cdennisg, I saw that thread but this is a different boat. I have been searching for some time on the web and am finding very little... Thanks!

Douglas Denlinger Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:09 pm

Please see p mail or email me directly at

[email protected]

hitest Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:29 pm

Dangit- and I'm at least 4 months behind Doug on getting over toward Lincoln, CA...

cdennisg Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:39 pm

GoingHawgWyld wrote: cdennisg, I saw that thread but this is a different boat. I have been searching for some time on the web and am finding very little... Thanks!

Ahh, I see that now. We posted at about the same time, and it is obvious that your boat is much different. So does it have some inner brackets to sit in the gutters or something?

GoingHawgWyld Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:58 pm

Has extended brackets that sit in the gutter where the aluminum seat brackets are. Has two of these and appears to maybe need more? Do not see a way for it to actually connect to anything to lock it down. Maybe some straps to the bumpers? I hauled it home today from the ranch to clean it up a little. The inside looks great. The exterior could use a paint job as it is faded from the sun. Do not see any damage to the fiberglass other than some small gel coat cracks at or about the waterline.. I will get some pictures ASAP... Ken

KombiMarc Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:27 pm

Pretty cool accessory, I haven't seen this one. Would love to see the mounting assembly underneath as well. Selling this?

tisius Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:57 am

Cool boat!
It does fit the contours of the bus roof pretty well.

GoingHawgWyld Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:34 am

Yes. I am selling. It has aluminum brackets that sit in the rails of the bus. Then not sure how it anchors down from there. It is missing two of these brackets but they can easily be made to match the other two. it is very dirty but in good shape and appears to clean up well. Have an ad I just posted. Want $350.00 for it and it is probably worth tons more... Just want it to get used as it was intended...

Red Fau Veh Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 am

Where is the add? That is a very cool accessory! Where is Lincoln Ca..... 8)

GoingHawgWyld Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:50 am

Try this...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1771235

Lincoln is by Sacramento, CA>

GoingHawgWyld Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:05 am

Sold in about 10 minutes... Thanks!

cdennisg Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:16 pm

GoingHawgWyld wrote: Sold in about 10 minutes... Thanks!

Not surprising. It was a cool accessory for a good price. If I lived nearby, I would have bought it just for the hell of it. Would look good on top of my 57 kombi.

crofty Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:44 pm

cdennisg wrote: GoingHawgWyld wrote: Sold in about 10 minutes... Thanks!

Not surprising. It was a cool accessory for a good price. If I lived nearby, I would have bought it just for the hell of it. Would look good on top of my 57 kombi.

It will pop up again, I'm sure.

cdennisg Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:03 pm

crofty wrote: cdennisg wrote: GoingHawgWyld wrote: Sold in about 10 minutes... Thanks!

It will pop up again, I'm sure.

But probably not within easy driving distance for $350. :D

aah57 Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:43 pm

Would love to see this in person. Would be cool on my '63 hardtop so-22.

Yustrn Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:41 am

aah57 wrote: Would love to see this in person. Would be cool on my '63 hardtop so-22.

I'd bring the boat out to Bugorama for people to see, but I don't have split bus at the moment.