TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: VDO/ Kienzle dash clock
aaronswinney Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:53 pm

Can anyone help me identify what year this clock might be and what it's out of? Also, what it's value may be?? Thanks in advance!

RareAir Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:14 pm

BMW Not sure which year/model.

Oljefläck Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:46 am

Its from a Glas coupe s 1004 s 1204

IN2VWS Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:53 pm

Yes, as previously mentioned, it is from a Glas.

emersonbiggins Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:00 pm

IN2VWS wrote: Yes, as previously mentioned, it is from a Glas.

Do you have a book that identifies Kienzle clocks?
I have one I have not seen before.

Dave Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:57 am

The original accessory for VW was made by Perohaus, was a wind-up clock, and had a steeped bezel between the grille and the clock that moved the clock out about 1/2 inch from the grille, I have heard so that the clock would clear the windshield wiper linkage..but I don't know for sure about that.

IN2VWS Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:31 pm

Dave wrote: The original accessory for VW was made by Perohaus, was a wind-up clock, and had a steeped bezel between the grille and the clock that moved the clock out about 1/2 inch from the grille, I have heard so that the clock would clear the windshield wiper linkage..but I don't know for sure about that.

The Perohaus clock was made by VDO, and it had the Perohaus logo printed on the face.
The step ring for these clocks, was so that you could still install a speaker for the radio. The regular VDO/Perohaus clock without the stepped ring was deeper in depth and did not allow the installation of the radio speaker.

emersonbiggins Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:37 pm

This is the Kienzle clock I have and I don't know what it fits. Any help?

lasslo Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:51 am

I dont know much about the Clock, but I Think that the ghia lowlight trip speedo should have a better Life than in that wodden box :)

IN2VWS Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:21 pm

emersonbiggins wrote: This is the Kienzle clock I have and I don't know what it fits. Any help?

Mercedes 170.....I don't know if this a coincidence or not.....look at the time on the clock in the catalog picture, and the time on your clock......freaky....

emersonbiggins Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Thanks for finding out what it fit. Strange and funny that the times are close. :)
The Mercedes 170 is a good looking car. Probably a rare clock but I can't imagine many people looking for one.

emersonbiggins Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:34 pm

lasslo wrote: I dont know much about the Clock, but I Think that the ghia lowlight trip speedo should have a better Life than in that wodden box :)

You are probably right.