TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Kelley park 2015 advice request.
floyd1969 Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:49 pm

Hello , my family and I are visiting the U.S. and doing a road trip from San Diego to San Francisco with no real itinery for 3 weeks , the day before we leave from SF is Kelley park meeting which we plan on going to . Is there anything vw happening the day before in San Jose . is it worth spending a couple of days there or best to commute on the day from SF. Do most people turn up on the day ? We also plan on spending a few days exploring Santa Cruz Area . We want to make the best of our time so any advice or places we shouldn't miss will be greatly appreciated. Especially vw related! Thanks .

campingbox Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:08 pm

If you are interested in busses the byob/red barn show in on Saturday. It's located along hwy 101 about 50 miles South of San Jose.

Mark Merrill usually has an open house on Friday, I forget which city but it's in a suburb of San Jose. He has a very nice collection and a neat shop.

floyd1969 Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:37 pm

Perfect , thanks for that .Would love to have my own bus for BYOB but that's gonna be at home in Jersey UK . I'm more likely to be in a rented "Family Truckster" (think National lampoons vacation! :D )
Do most people go to Kelley park just for the day and leave San Jose in the evening ?

crofty Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:13 pm

floyd1969 wrote:
Do most people go to Kelley park just for the day and leave San Jose in the evening ?

Yes, KP is on a Sunday. There are a lot of people that stay in the San Jose area Saturday night.