TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Going to Shasta, lost 4th gear help needed.
jeffreezeyeti Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:36 pm

We're currently in Nevada making our way to Shasta for the Snow trip. In Utah 4th started popping out and we could use a small nut tranny. Can pay 200-300 for a tranny. We could use a place to work on the bus if we get a tranny as well. Gearbox to gearbox would be preferred but we could make a large nut work. My number is 321-388-2615.

We're going to do shasta with this tranny but after the trip we would like to swap out a good tranny before making our way back to Colorado.

Cell service might be spotty but we'll be checking up.

tubdub Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:03 pm

post this in the Shasta snow trip thread and maybe 1 of the drivers can bring something for you

type241 Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:36 pm

Bungee cord will serve you well for this issue. I have had a few that needed the bungee treatment

Ran When Parked Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:49 pm

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1619543

jeffreezeyeti Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:56 pm

We appreciate the reply but the bungie trick isn't enough for this one. 4th is just about completely gone. Holding it in only works going downhill now.

jeffreezeyeti Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:10 pm

We are in Reno. We have a line on a tranny and could use a place to do the swap along the way in California. Any help greatly appreciated.

Buggybob1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:03 pm

Hi all,
This is BuggyBob here in Reno. Hart and Jeff are probably pulling out their broken tranny as I type and stabbing in a good used one now.
Just wanted to say it was really cool to meet these to guys. Super cool dudes. Also, Chase is offering up his garage for the repairs.

DannoT Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:40 pm

Buggybob1 wrote: Hi all,
This is BuggyBob here in Reno. Hart and Jeff are probably pulling out their broken tranny as I type and stabbing in a good used one now.
Just wanted to say it was really cool to meet these to guys. Super cool dudes. Also, Chase is offering up his garage for the repairs.

Thanks for helping out Heart and Jeff in big Orange, they have been working their fingers to the bone to make it to Shasta this year.
Their aforementioned rig in the center, a lean mean mountain climbing machine.

Squilly Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:02 pm

What a bummer! Good luck to you guys in your tranny repairs, wish I could help from here, or at least be riding with y'all but school, ya know?

DubStyle Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:08 am

One of our SBS (yes a Steering Box Scraper) brothers opened his house up to these guys. He allowed them to utilize his garage to do a tranny swap. That was very cool of Chase Hill to help these guys out like that. My hat is off to you Cage66! 8) 8)

sonofamitch Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:10 pm

Glad to see you guys pulled through. I'll be curious to see what else you guys manage to break throughout the trip. Sending good vibes your way.

NorCalWeekender Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:11 pm

I am happy to say that after an all-nighter at Cage's place and a bajillion text messages to get them directions, Jeff and Heart yesterday caught up with the Shasta Snow Trip teams and are doing well!

norcalmike Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:20 pm

NorCalRiviera wrote: I am happy to say that after an all-nighter at Cage's place and a bajillion text messages to get them directions, Jeff and Heart yesterday caught up with the Shasta Snow Trip teams and are doing well!

Good news! I hear there were some rough patches for some

jeffreezeyeti Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:58 pm

Thanks everyone for the help, we had a blast at Shasta! We even caught some air in Big Orange! We're driving around in California now, should be in Reno again tomorrow. WHAT AN ADVENTURE!

dubshack1 Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:37 pm

Really have enjoyed all the coverage of the trip, I'm also in Fl and would like to make the trip next year

cage66 Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:27 pm

As shitty as this is going to sound I am kind of glad that the transmission did break. It sucks that it happened but I'm happy that I got to meet you guys. I'm also glad that you had the chance to stop by this evening and I got to have sushi with you.

64 ragtop volks Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:22 pm

always nice to see people helping out when folks get in a bind on the road.

jeffreezeyeti Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:27 pm

cage66 wrote: As shitty as this is going to sound I am kind of glad that the transmission did break. It sucks that it happened but I'm happy that I got to meet you guys. I'm also glad that you had the chance to stop by this evening and I got to have sushi with you.

Dude, stuff happens for a reason and we really enjoyed meeting you. We came back through Reno just because of the good vibes!

Stuartzickefoose Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:30 pm

its official, im bringing my bay back next year.

:lol: