TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: What Engine?
Johnthemann Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:20 pm

I am looking at an old Ghia and it has this motor in it. Any ideas on what it is?

busdaddy Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:48 pm

Wow, everyone that stops and talks always says they or thier buddy "used to have one, but with a Porsche motor in it", this time it's true.

Glenn Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:49 pm

Looks like a 356 Super engine.

Johnthemann Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:27 pm

Yes I have heard this story many times before. I had a feeling it may be but wasn't sure. Is there a demand for these things? Im not sure I have a use for it..but they are asking more than I feel comfortable paying for the Ghia.

60ragtop Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:22 pm

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1725932
one of a few in the classifieds here.

Brian Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:40 pm

busdaddy wrote: Wow, everyone that stops and talks always says they or thier buddy "used to have one, but with a Porsche motor in it", this time it's true.

The number of times we've all heard that. But wow

Glenn Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:49 am

Brian wrote: busdaddy wrote: Wow, everyone that stops and talks always says they or thier buddy "used to have one, but with a Porsche motor in it", this time it's true.

There are Porsche engines and then there are 4 Cam'ers

busdaddy Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:46 am

Glenn wrote: Brian wrote: busdaddy wrote: Wow, everyone that stops and talks always says they or thier buddy "used to have one, but with a Porsche motor in it", this time it's true.

There are Porsche engines and then there are 4 Cam'ers

So is that what bystanders talk to you about when you are gassing up your vintage Porsche?, "My friend had one just like that, but with a 4 cam motor in it" :lol: