TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Paint job in Tampa Bradenton area
Keithinky Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:30 pm

Repairing rust areas now. Will be prepping next. Wanted to see if anyone knows of a good place to get bug painted- at a fair price-in the Tampa Bradenton Sarasota area?

Thanks Keith

FRNKNSTNGHIA Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:14 pm

May I ask what are you expecting the paint shop to do? How far along will your car be prepped before paint job?

When are you wanting to have it painted? How much time after delivery/pick-up of vehicle would we have to complete all paint work, etc?

What do you consider a reasonable price? Paint materials included in price or just looking for labor charge. I have a connection with Matrix paint systems which is what will be used on my personal car. And on my fathers car.

I am not in Tampa/Brandenton area, but Kissimmee area.

PM me to discuss further....

jpjohns Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:18 am

I have to say, I was quoted $7000 for paint here in Harrisonburg VA and at first I thought that was outrageous. But, once I thought about it it's actually fairly reasonable.

I mean, the painter said no matter what bodywork I do to the car, he is still going to re-block sand and use a small amount of filler where necessary. Then a 2 part epoxy sealer followed by several coats of paint and clear.

Not bad really and the painter touching up the bodywork is only covering his butt to ensure a smooth finish for his paint.