TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 2015 MAM funfest June 5-7th Effingham, IL Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
ZeroCool217 Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:59 am

I am all geared to go to this! I plan to put in for the time at work in a few days!

So how many of you are going? Any chance of a Beetle caravan? Does anyone parked together?

This will be my first time not being a spectator, so what the low down?
I have seen the registration online, so I know about that...but that's it!

Is there a pre trip ritual or list I should check before making the drive?

KAmes Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:01 pm

I'll be going. Last year was my first time as a not spectator. I enjoyed the Friday night cruise to downtown and picnic the most. I would definitely not miss that. Just be at Mid America and signed in before late afternoon, it's announced when it's time to go. Otherwise I'm pretty much a newbie too. It remains to be seen which car I take, I'm working on a Thing but it may not be together in time.

Funky187 Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:51 pm

I am contemplating on heading down as well. What is the set up for camping?

KAmes Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:22 pm

I do remember seeing campers set up at one end, and of course people camping here and there in their buses, but I don't know about facilities or utilities.

ZeroCool217 Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:09 am

So there is only 3 central Illinois members?

I would like to travel together if at all possible, VW caravan!

All I know is if anyone see's us driving together, someone's going to have a really sore arm!

I know this post is super early, but I did it in hopes of organizing a group to make this a little more fun.

Typ3nut Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Funfest for all Air-cooled VW's ... Special Appearance by Bruce Meyers !
http://www.funfestacvw.com/

61SNRF Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:35 am

We'll be traveling EB on US70 to make it there early Friday afternoon, get checked in to the hotel and then head to MAM for the casual meet and greet in the fields.
For sure the Friday afternoon cruise is a highlight of the weekend!

conrad1468 Tue May 05, 2015 9:37 am

The Fresh Air VW CC from Pittsburgh, PA will be heading out to the show. It's a long drive but looks like fun!! See you there!!

61SNRF Wed May 06, 2015 4:37 am

Funky187 wrote: I am contemplating on heading down as well. What is the set up for camping?

From their link here...
http://www.funfestacvw.com/camping.aspx
...it say's...

Camping at Funfest for Air-Cooled VW

We are proud to offer camping here on our grounds to all of our registered Funfest guests, whether you are bring your VW Bus, or your motor home!

Camping starts at 5PM on Thursday, May 30th

Please keep in mind that since we are not a true camp grounds, we are not equipped with showers on the premises, do not provide any tents, are not able to allow open fires, and do not have the ability to give people access to electricity. We DO provide potties, lighting over the grounds at night, and minimal nighttime security. Please make sure that if you would like to camp on our grounds, to please make sure that you are registered.

Hope to see you there :)

conrad1468 Fri May 08, 2015 10:11 am

If you don't mind paying for camping. We're all staying at SpringCreek Campground in Montrose, IL. All are welcome for some rustic camping!

camp website
http://springcreek-campground-illinois.com/

1989FXSTC Wed May 13, 2015 7:03 am

Camping starts on Thursday, June 4th at 5 PM, NOT May 30. That was the day I found when I first went to the site. now it is June 4,... Fest is June 5-7
I am still trying to register.. and find out info about camping... e-mails to Mid America are unanswered...anybody here have any info??

KAmes Wed May 13, 2015 12:54 pm

I would just call them, their website isn't the easiest to navigate. They're pretty good on the phone.

ZeroCool217 Mon May 18, 2015 3:59 pm

OK GUYS!!!!

I am all signed up!!!

I have been hustling to get everything I can done with the car. I can not wait!

So who is near Springfield, IL or taking route 29 there???

These are my route choices. Let me know if you are going the same way.

ZeroCool217 Sat May 23, 2015 8:35 pm

This show is not too far out. So who else is going??? Anyone want to meet up down there?

Funky187 Mon May 25, 2015 7:02 am

If I head down it wouldn't be until sat morning and I'd be headed through Decatur.

KAmes Mon May 25, 2015 7:11 am

I'll be going through Sullivan from Decatur Friday afternoon, don't know what time though, it'll depend on work.

conrad1468 Tue May 26, 2015 12:08 pm

Does anyone know the address of the Friday night cruise? All it says is the Effingham Courthouse lawn.

Thank you!

KAmes Tue May 26, 2015 12:50 pm

If it's the same as before the cruise is from Mid America to the courthouse, where the party is. Be at Mid America friday afternoon and it's announced when it's time to leave.

conrad1468 Wed May 27, 2015 7:09 am

So if you miss the cruise from Mid-America you can't go to the Friday evening cruise? That doesn't seem right. We all signed up for it.

We're traveling and won't get to Effingham until the evening. This is our first time coming to Funfest.

KAmes Wed May 27, 2015 8:27 am

conrad1468 wrote: So if you miss the cruise from Mid-America you can't go to the Friday evening cruise? That doesn't seem right. We all signed up for it.

We're traveling and won't get to Effingham until the evening. This is our first time coming to Funfest.

Sure you can come! According to google I'm coming up with 101 North 4th street, Effingham, IL 62401 for government offices in the courthouse. You could call the Effingham chamber of commerce and double check, they would know all about it I'm sure. See you there!