TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Opinions on Chassis Saver....
GreggK Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:58 pm

Has anyone used the product "Chassis Saver" on any of their rust prevention projects? I used it on my driver side floor pan where I had some rust starting where water had been sitting over the years from a leaky windshield. I used it as a first coat followed up by a top coat of Monstaliner which is another product by Chassis Saver.
I have some seams that Id like to clean out and re-seal. I have thoughts of using the Chassis Saver in the seams to stop the rust but plan to contact Monstaliner and talk about a strategy first to see if it will apply. I also have some rust starting in areas around my windows, also thought to use it there too. Ive read it can be top coated with automotive paints but I thought to maybe use the monstaliner on some of the spots around the windows and down on the lower edge of the van. Anyone with any experience with these products? Thanks GreggK

CiderGuy Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:16 pm

You need to remove the rust. Everything else is just a band aid.

GreggK Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:24 pm

I plan to get as much of the rust out as possible. Ive been reading up on cutting and replacing panels and all the threads on seam sealing. I hope to gain the confidence to do it myself hopefuly by the time its warmer out. I want to do it as thorough as possible.
Ciderguy, have you any experience doing seams or panel replacement? Im in Langhorne for a few months.