TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Cb performance air filter mod
chubby53 Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:13 pm

Has anyone used this adapter? Cb performance 3388 sand air box. Is a 2-1/4" opening okay for 44 idf's. I was thinking of running a 45* bend so I could locate a couple air cleaners above the center of my fan shroud to keep them from being spray with sand, mud, water Ect. Any input appreciated.

myb356 Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:30 am

I used similar adapters from cb for a buggy and ran it to a t fitting in the center of the engine and then the t connected to a big filter from a truck junkyard and then up to a snorkel.. They were actually the adapters for a turbo engine that have the holes pointing sideways toward the center of the engine. The problem was with sealing the adapters onto the air filter base. If you have sheet metal type base you can make a seal work. The cast filter bases aren't flat enough for a good seal and require a good milled surface.

chubby53 Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:24 pm

Hmmmm that sucks. (No pun intended). I already have a set of those sitting on my shelf. I wonder if there is a soft rubber I can make a gasket out of that would fill the shape and dips. I seen som other idf filter adapters I think on the drd website. I wonder if those would be a better choice. I really need to relocate my air filters cause with my 3" body lift and the amount of sheet metal I trimmed. My existing filters get coated with sand and If I were to play in the mud or water they would get coated then as well.