TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: A few ?'s on 73 T3 FI dist.
blues90 Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:56 pm

I had this dist apart and have a few questions with photo's to describe the issues.

This is a photo of the shaft , at the top where the adv weight's pivot you see the center shaft . Right where the shaft meats the plate with the weight pivot pins you see where the shaft is larger . There was a small sort of plastic ring that set over the larger area of the shaft. It appears to be a stop of some sort either to allow the weights to stop at full advance or when the weights are relaxed. Mine was cracked , I can't recall if I made a replacement or decided it was not needed. My question is is it needed?

The next photo shows the same with the weights in place without the washers or clips to show the way the weights set in place.

Last photo is the fiber washers and metal shims from this dist. plus a few fiber plumbing washers that are gray that I thought would work , they do as far as setting end play yet I have no idea if they will hold up. Two of the 4 metal shims have small areas of signs of wear they are not cupped just wear mainly from contact against the fiber washers.