TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Eastwood 135
85burb Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:33 am

I am thinking about getting a Eastwood 135 welder to do the floor pans in my beetle. I will also do some other body repairs with it later on. Would the 135 be a good welder for floor pans? I can't find a local shop that will do the pans for a good price so may do them my self. I have never done any body/floor pan repair before.

theKbStockpiler Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:56 am

This is a very well discussed topic. If you do a samba search for (Eastwood ,weld ,pans) you should get plenty of threads to reference. And even if you search (spot welds ,plug welds) or anything that your basic search will lead to ,you will find threads on those as well. Then you will have more to go on to ask specific questions. :D

raygreenwood Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:03 am

Awesome welder. Made just for sheet metal. I have one. It has infinite current and wire adjustment (not steps on thr dial like most cheap welders)....made pretty well. A lot of little items suggest it was made for Eastwood by Hobart but I dont know for sure.

The only things I have noted in other forums that I agree with with a little experience using it.....is that later on when you get into serious sheet metal use....buy a slightly more controlable/accurate set of gauges/regulator from a welding supply. The set that comes with it work just fine but could use a larger gauge with more accurate increments.

Its very controllable and there is also a popular mechanics back to back test article on line from about four years ago of about six welders and the Eastwood 135 was about the best bang for buck for sheet metal. Ray

58Sleeper Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:07 pm

I Love my 135.. After a few days the feeder broke and eastwood sent a replacement in days. I think they had a bad batch. I've been loving it since.

modok Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:13 pm

It works well. it is a copy of Lincoln sp-135, not hobart.

raygreenwood Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:11 pm

modok wrote: It works well. it is a copy of Lincoln sp-135, not hobart.

Thanks! Nice to know! Ray

scrivyscriv Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:51 pm

58Sleeper wrote: I Love my 135.. After a few days the feeder broke and eastwood sent a replacement in days. I think they had a bad batch. I've been loving it since.

same thing happened with mine... glad to know I wasn't the only one