TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Madmike's 2110 Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
madmike Mon May 04, 2015 5:35 am

What a Difference :shock:
and with stock valved heads too and a Cheapass header 1 3/8's :roll:
I still haven't been on the freeway yet, but on the highway at speed no issues 8) 8) 8) ,specs above in the build threads :wink:
Could of done a 6 rib though :roll: Torque monster :lol: @ 1/4 throttle :wink:

Brian Mon May 04, 2015 8:31 am

What are your full specs on it?

babysnakes Mon May 04, 2015 9:26 am

Quote: 2110cc
90.5 Mahle Forged B's
Scat crank 82mm
5.4 H-beams
W110
stock valved ported heads H.D singles
40 IDF's
SVDA 034
deep sump/Full flow w/aux cooler & filter
356/912 Alt.Pulley
5 Rib
So Sweet to Drive now! 6 rib would be better

What's your compression?

madmike Tue May 05, 2015 5:49 am

Thanks Brian :wink:
CR is 9: 1

richparker Tue May 05, 2015 6:17 am

I'm stoked for you, Big engines in buses are awesome!

Why did you use small valve heads? What exhaust are you running?

madmike Wed May 06, 2015 5:02 am

Hey Rich, Your's 2110 inspired me :wink:
Heads were smallest I had on hand and did n't feel I needed 42x37.5's :roll:
I kept the ports small & round and opened them up a little :wink: unshrouded ect. header is Bugpack#2031-10 with a duelmuff#2544
stock heat exchangers too :shock:

richparker Wed May 06, 2015 6:44 am

madmike wrote: Hey Rich, Your 2109 inspired me :wink:
header is Bugpack#2031-10
stock heat exchangers too :shock:

I glad I could be an inspation for you to pull the trigger on this build. I run stock heat exchangers to that same Bug Pack header, I have no problems. I'm running a EMPI Fat Boy muffler but my builder runs his 2175cc into a dual muffler set up. Enjoy the new performance. :)

Brian Wed May 06, 2015 11:37 am

Now we just need to convince Robbie to get a bigger motor :D

Smaller heads are what now limit your power, so if you want more, just open them up. I don't think you'll need to. Enjoy the torque!

madmike Thu May 07, 2015 4:54 am

Yea ,I could of opened them heads up alot but I can't afford the exhaust that would support them at this time. :oops:
found anice long hill up here and what a Hoot!, 70mph at 1/4 throttle 'uphill'and step on the peddle and it sets u back in the seat :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: can't keep the grin of my face :o

Vanapplebomb Thu May 07, 2015 7:24 am

Hahaha, I can totally see you grinning as you step on it and pull up that hill. 8) 8) 8)

sambabus Thu May 07, 2015 12:57 pm

I'm loving the big motor too. What are your temps running so far?

I don't see why anyone would rebuild stock unless they are into the car show thing.

madmike Fri May 08, 2015 5:20 am

Test drive yesterday in 'Record heat' for up here :lol: 85*+
225-230* oil temp @65-70mph, 210-215 @55-60mph with HEADWIND ,, yes it matters with these 3000lbs, 'Bricks' :shock: :lol:
heads about 300-350 IR gun, my gage took a shit :roll:
this is just after a long ass hill,I don't think this is too HOT ,but I don't want to change the oil so often(heat breaks down the oil) @ almost 8 bucks a qt for the Brad Penn :cry:
I do have a small Setrab cooler & oil thermostat on the shelve :?:

richparker Fri May 08, 2015 7:01 am

I would think those oil temps are a bit warm since you are running an external cooler. But...new engines do run warm until they break in a bit.

My oil temps would be conistantly be right around 220* until I installed my external cooler. Now the temp very rarely go above 180*. Where is your cooler mounted and are you running a fan? Those head temps seem great and are right around sure mine are at, I also check them with the IR gun.

Post some pics of this bad boy!!!

Link to my thread with pics of my cooler and oil pump set up.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7659365&highlight=#7659365

Greg in GA Fri May 08, 2015 7:16 am

richparker wrote: Now the temp very rarely go above 180*.

I would think those temps are little too cool, you're not burning off any moisture.

richparker Fri May 08, 2015 7:25 am

Greg in GA wrote: richparker wrote: Now the temp very rarely go above 180*.

I would think those temps are little too cool, you're not burning off any moisture.

This topic has been beat to death. That might be to cool in Georgia where the humity is super high but not out here in the high desert of southwest Colorado. Also my bus is very active as it is my DD, no time to moisture to collect. Here is a pic I took for PITApan last time this topic came up.

Greg in GA Fri May 08, 2015 7:33 am

richparker wrote: This topic has been beat to death. That might be to cool in Georgia where the humity is super high but not out here in the high desert of southwest Colorado. Also my bus is very active as it is my DD, no time to moisture to collect. Here is a pic I took for PITApan last time this topic came up.

sorry, didn't realize that was a hot topic (pun intended) that photo is the best gauge I know of to test for moisture, looks like you are good.

madmike Sat May 09, 2015 4:58 am

Yea Rich I'm running a little hot oil cuz I never installed the aux cooler :oops: yet,,, maybe today :lol:
that test was with stock Dog House setup :wink: blocker off heat on shroud and just a filter on the full flow circuit.
Pic's in gallery, My dial=up won't post them 1/2 the time :cry: so if u can go for it :wink:

richparker Sat May 09, 2015 6:37 am

Mike, your photos are awesome!!! If you haven't seen them you should go to his pics and check them out. 7.9 sec @ 91 mph in a Manx, damn! That pic with Travis Pastrana and your 917 is super dope. Here's pics of Fil/Mor the 1970 bus and one of the engine.

madmike Sun May 10, 2015 4:35 am

Thanks Rich,Met Travis when my son raced Pro MX, they both got their 'Pro Licences" at 16 yrs old, now in their 30's :shock: Damn I'm getting old :lol: Travis was in town for the SCCA pro rally,,he smacked a Deer an DNF'd :cry:
still have 'Black Ice' Tub, gonna slap a turbo on it,, again
Thanks for posting the Bus pic's (cooler pic in gallery,,Hint)LOL
I installed the small Setrab cooler , then the weather cooled off :roll: :lol:
test just showed 195* after the 'Hill test' :lol: :lol: waiting for warmer weather :wink: 50* up here :lol:

richparker Sun May 10, 2015 6:49 am

Madmikes oil cooler.