TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: New paint for the 68
fivelugshortaxle Mon May 11, 2015 1:39 am

raygreenwood Mon May 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Nice!
Ray

a.wilson Mon May 11, 2015 10:29 pm

x2 with Ray.

Show us the rest when you can. Is that a stock VW color? Edit: found your thread

fivelugshortaxle Sat May 23, 2015 3:32 am

No....it's not a stock color....I was going to do it in the stock baby blue but the guy at the body shop wanted me to let him mix something up. This is what he came up with. The pictures don't do it justice at all....and it hasn't been color sanded yet. They're color sanding it now and rubbing it up by hand!

Supposed to have the car back this week so I'll post pictures as I go along

fivelugshortaxle Sat May 23, 2015 4:19 am

a.wilson wrote: x2 with Ray.

Show us the rest when you can. Is that a stock VW color? Edit: found your thread

Yeah, that thread is a mess. little bit of me being an idiot and a lot of samba elites being pricks. They're not all bad....just a handful. And I'm no angel myself

fivelugshortaxle Sat May 23, 2015 4:27 am

No....it's not a stock color....I was going to do it in the stock baby blue but the guy at the body shop wanted me to let him mix something up. This is what he came up with. The pictures don't do it justice at all....and it hasn't been color sanded yet. They're color sanding it now and rubbing it up by hand!

Supposed to have the car back this week so I'll post pictures as I go along

a.wilson Sun May 24, 2015 12:52 am

Ah, cool choice. I am a fan of the blue colors.. (was thinking at first it might've been from a different year and model VW), but I don't recognize them all yet.

Looks sharp.

fivelugshortaxle Sun May 24, 2015 1:50 am

Thanks. It's getting there. Just finished placing an order to west coast metric and another to cb performance. I've probably dumped about 2 grand this week alone into seals and just small tidbits. Motor is done, just waiting on a call from Anibal Chico on Monday about fabbing up steel fuel lines for the engine compartment.

fivelugshortaxle Sat May 30, 2015 4:00 am

Progress....some of the wet sanding and buffing done. Shop says that the car should be delivered to my house this week....Monday or Tuesday. :D

buguy Sat May 30, 2015 7:11 am

Lookin really good!