TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: New found split window bus Page: 1, 2  Next
Taki Sat May 23, 2015 12:13 pm

Hello everyone I found these Vw split window bus.Only the transmision is there,and has clear papers and documents.The owner say that the bus is produced in 1961,I think that it's between 1964-1966,the M-plate is not there.And he say to make him an offer.So what do you think how much should I offer him....

joe56vw Sat May 23, 2015 12:22 pm

no church key for the gas door means it's a '67 a early one since it has the old style radio hole and no back up lights

as far as price personally I wouldn't pay more then a $1k for it if the undercarriage was in good shape and not completely rusted out
but depending on what area/country you are in it might be worth alittle more

hitest Sat May 23, 2015 6:10 pm

I don't know where on Earth that bus resides- but it's not worth $1000! Maybe $200 USD max for parts value. The dash board is nowhere near parallel with the bulkhead!

Wherever you are, you could import a better starting point than that wreck. Please keep looking.

1967250s Sat May 23, 2015 6:29 pm

South America somewhere?? Offer $100, or whatever you think he'll take. Hope you know what you're getting into!

dawerks Sat May 23, 2015 6:44 pm

The parts to just get it rolling is probably going to be worth triple what this bus is already worth. Try to get it as cheap as possible and hope you have a source for parts FIRST.

Looks like getting delivery of parts is going to be painful for you. There is no 'cheap Porsches, and, there's no cheap project buses missing parts.'

thom Sat May 23, 2015 8:16 pm

hitest wrote: I don't know where on Earth that bus resides- but it's not worth $1000! Maybe $200 USD max for parts value. T

Knock a zero off that and we're in the ballpark

Braukuche Sat May 23, 2015 8:31 pm

thom wrote: hitest wrote: I don't know where on Earth that bus resides- but it's not worth $1000! Maybe $200 USD max for parts value. T

Knock a zero off that and we're in the ballpark

Run away.

joe56vw Sat May 23, 2015 8:47 pm

call me crazy but there is more then a few $100 of parts on it
drum to drum big nut tranny cores are more then you guys are quoting
if the door are even usable they are probably worth $50 each and the bulkhead looks good

I also said only if it wasn't a rusty POS on the underside

odds are that this thing will be in the classifieds or ebay in the near future with a $5k price tag on it anyways

Nubby Sat May 23, 2015 9:08 pm

I'd pass on this one.

rebapuck Sun May 24, 2015 12:12 am

$50 US and make a playhouse out of it.

wassa Sun May 24, 2015 2:02 am

Still worth putting away in the back of your shed. huge amount of work needed.. but prices everywhere are going up big time. grab and put away...offer low as... can always go higher

Taki Sun May 24, 2015 3:14 am

I am from Europe.In my region these buses are very thinness,and the demand for these buses is very big.So I was thinking to start from 800€(Euro),and finish at 2500€,(max).I will see what will happen.....

Roscoe Sun May 24, 2015 5:13 am

Sometimes it's cool just to leave it as is...it's happy there in it's final resting place. Why take an nice clubhouse away from those kids...they seem to love it. Let them bond with it and perhaps one if them will restore it someday.

Eskimotom Sun May 24, 2015 7:07 am

Offer to haul it away for free in order to help the landowner improve their property value.

mg6770 Sun May 24, 2015 9:29 am

Eskimotom wrote: Offer to haul it away for free in order to help the landowner improve their property value.

^^ This.

cherise1967 Sun May 24, 2015 9:36 am

I would buy it but cheap ... take alot to get it on the road but would make a good backup for part's. ..

quartermilecamel Sun May 24, 2015 9:09 pm

hitest wrote: I don't know where on Earth that bus resides- but it's not worth $1000! Maybe $200 USD max for parts value. The dash board is nowhere near parallel with the bulkhead!

Wherever you are, you could import a better starting point than that wreck. Please keep looking. holy x ray eyeballs batman, how can you tell the dash isn't parallel to the bulkhead? Sitting here scrolling up and down the pictures, :lol: and I don't yet see that.

quartermilecamel Sun May 24, 2015 9:19 pm

I would think Europe would have more of buses since they were closer to Germany, but not so.

novetti Sun May 24, 2015 10:18 pm

100 Euro max for that.

How good is your metalworking skills? That is two years work on the metal / paint prep alone and lots of money.

xcoldgrimjimx Sun May 24, 2015 11:32 pm

dude :D hi!.... I know how you feel my friend you want a bus so bad you can taste it! :D and here is you chance ! BUT PLEASE my VW BROTHER !!! please hold of on this deal! like said before in this thread.... unless you have unlimited amounts of spare parts, time, money, will power ...just hold off!!! I almost did something similar !!! till I found my current VW on the samba for 1,500 bucks! not saying it happens oftentimes I found a OG bus with 99% parts there small rust,plus good engine ! I GOT VERRRRRRRY LUCKY! :D BUT IT DOES HAPPEN! :shock: :D you mite be looking though the samba one fine day and BAM!!!! A AWESOME DEAL!!! so please try holing off for a bit.. YOUR AWESOME DEAL could be around the corner !!!! good luck 8)