TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Apparently I need a 12 step program... Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
vwfye Thu May 28, 2015 9:30 am

I was really being good. Down to 3 Type 3s. Well, until yesterday...

I will be bring home a 1972 Squareback on Monday.

Oh boy.

Erik G Thu May 28, 2015 9:37 am

the blue one that was in the classifieds? It looked really good for that price, I don't blame you

vwfye Thu May 28, 2015 9:56 am

yeah. he showed me picks of the worst of the floor and the interior will need some work, but it seems clean and not a mess.

MagmaJctAz Thu May 28, 2015 10:08 am

vwfye wrote: yeah. he showed me picks of the worst of the floor and the interior will need some work, but it seems clean and not a mess.

Ain't that the truth? I'd rather deal with rust, than a hack job any day!

Regards,
Mike

Tram Thu May 28, 2015 10:18 am

vwfye wrote: I was really being good. Down to 3 Type 3s. Well, until yesterday...

I will be bring home a 1972 Squareback on Monday.

Oh boy.

You need 12 Type 3s... not a 12 step program.

vwfye Thu May 28, 2015 10:23 am

I had 11 at one time, not that long ago. I'm really trying to be good. Really, I am!

vwfye Thu May 28, 2015 10:40 am

In 1972, did all Marina Blue type 3s come with black interior?

Tram Thu May 28, 2015 11:18 am

vwfye wrote: In 1972, did all Marina Blue type 3s come with black interior?

Alabaster was a possibility, but every one I've ever seen was black. There was also a chassis break in May after which you got silver grey.

Of course, you could have special ordered anything on the menu at purchase if you were willing to wait.

vwfye Thu May 28, 2015 11:23 am

I'm going to assume sagging door panels to go with the seat tears, so I was thinking if I order something new, does it have to be black? Silver would be a nice combo with the blue.

Tram Thu May 28, 2015 1:23 pm

vwfye wrote: I'm going to assume sagging door panels to go with the seat tears, so I was thinking if I order something new, does it have to be black? Silver would be a nice combo with the blue.

Well- go silver, then!

Bobnotch Thu May 28, 2015 4:20 pm

Is this one staying stock? Does it have FI? More pics please. 8)

P.S. I think silver or white would go good with the light blue. :wink:

Tram Thu May 28, 2015 5:16 pm

Bobnotch wrote: Is this one staying stock? Does it have FI? More pics please. 8)

He already emailed me about a "small turbo"... :roll: :lol:

Damn, Brian... you've got two other cars to feck with... this one runs. don't screw with it!

Bobnotch Thu May 28, 2015 5:33 pm

Tram wrote: Bobnotch wrote: Is this one staying stock? Does it have FI? More pics please. 8)

He already emailed me about a "small turbo"... :roll: :lol:

Damn, Brian... you've got two other cars to feck with... this one runs. don't screw with it!

Hence why I asked IF he was keeping it stock. It might be a nice change for him to have a "stock" type 3, so he knows what he's been missing all these years. :lol:

It's either that, or he likes having "lawn art". You know, another car parked in the yard that doesn't run. :roll:

vwfye Fri May 29, 2015 12:00 am

Bob, I will take more pictures after I pick the car up. As to stock? As to changes, I will change the wheel, the steering wheel, and lower the car. But, I don't plan on doing much else to it. Even the turbo, would only be added if it can work with the stock fuel injection.

Bobnotch Fri May 29, 2015 6:17 am

vwfye wrote: Bob, I will take more pictures after I pick the car up. As to stock? As to changes, I will change the wheel, the steering wheel, and lower the car. But, I don't plan on doing much else to it. Even the turbo, would only be added if it can work with the stock fuel injection.

Ok, so it's going to remain "mostly" stock. 8)

vwfye Fri May 29, 2015 8:19 am

nothing that can't be reversed... or, if I pull a turbo off a late VW, can it be "Keith Park Stock"?

DougB Fri May 29, 2015 9:50 am

+1 for Tram's comment ;-) Seriously, though, after driving my '75 Westy for years and only recently getting my '73 Fasty back on the road, I'm loving how fun it is to drive. Nice find!

vwfye Fri May 29, 2015 11:41 am

Here is the visual plan for it. Nothing to radical.

The turbo will only happen IF I can get it to work with the stock FI.

Tram Fri May 29, 2015 11:48 am

vwfye wrote: Here is the visual plan for it. Nothing to radical.

The turbo will only happen IF I can get it to work with the stock FI.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Brian, if there is indeed such a thing as a meth- free tweaker that would be you. :lol:

tcolt45 Fri May 29, 2015 11:49 am

very nice. congrats!

I pick up my new to me 71 Squareback tomorrow morning. cant wait.