TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Are you kinding me!! This is what they call cool?
bubba Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:48 pm

http://www.gleems.com/390811/custom-vws-are-great-...t-as-good/

velvetgreen Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:03 pm

what's that they say about a fool and their money?? no accounting for taste apparently

65 Kombi Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:53 am

It all went south the minute they started lowering a perfectly fine stock bus!!
IMHO

ritchiet002 Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:56 pm

65 Kombi wrote: It all went south the minute they started lowering a perfectly fine stock bus!!
IMHO

There are photos of the build---it's mostly fabricated.

65 Kombi Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:12 pm

ritchiet002 wrote: 65 Kombi wrote: It all went south the minute they started lowering a perfectly fine stock bus!!
IMHO

There are photos of the build---it's mostly fabricated.

I actually like what they've done in an abstract, artistic way and appreciate the amount of work and skill that go into these projects and quite prefer these to the 'regular' lowered ones commonly seen, which is what I was really referring to.

KombiMarc Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:16 pm

Total ground up, they were going for the 80's cartoonish type buses that were on all the t-shirts etc......I apprecaite the hard work and greatout come, wouldnt own it.....but great work!

hitest Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:23 pm

KombiMarc wrote: Total ground up, they were going for the 80's cartoonish type buses that were on all the t-shirts etc......I apprecaite the hard work and greatout come, wouldnt own it.....but great work!

X2 I can have a terrific appreciation for something and not like it. It's got fewer bus parts on it than my skateboard.

tisius Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:21 am

well.....shit.

t-shirts are cheaper, if you want the look.

Red Fau Veh Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:32 am

I saw a video of that bus where the owner has a surfboard and tells his wife he is going to the beach. He gets into a crazy woody that won't start so he says he is taking the bus. He basically drives it in a circle for 5 minutes, never makes it to the beach and parks it. Lame O!

NAES Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:09 pm

Dude it's a scratch built, hand fabricated, all metal homage to the VW bus. It's not intended to be a replica or anything of the sort.

Time to go whack off to my NOS vent wing rivets... :roll:

MrPolak Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:21 am

Dude, the purpose of that article is to get click-throughs for advertising money. The more outrageous its allegations, the wilder the fire. It worked for you, didn't it?