TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Esty's big red rusty 69 Transporter. Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Estacaco Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:12 pm

Scored this beauty yesterday for $1000
1969 transporter. Got it running with no effort at all.

obieoberstar Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:23 pm

nice score. good to hear that it runs.

looks like the previous owner used it to store his type 4 engine collection. wow!

Estacaco Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:05 pm

Yeah the previous owner is a VW enthusiast and is just happy it's going to a good home.

Previous owner was also a mechanic. already had new oil and brand new points when i checked.

Brian Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:48 pm

Sweet score of spare parts too. I see some profits off those t4 parts

Estacaco Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:08 pm

Yeah maybe once I know what I have. Theres some T1 parts in there too.

I also have 2 late bays and a T4 engine.

Estacaco Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:00 pm

Some more pictures of what I have to work with.

Also no M-plate

shiningstar76 Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:27 pm

I hate it when any of the plates are gone......does the dash vin match the one in the engine bay?

Estacaco Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:41 pm

where do I find the one in the engine bay? sorry for my lack of knowledge :(

Edit: Found it. Bad news.

1967250s Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:14 am

Neat find, though you do have your work cut out! Following!

fes Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:39 am

Estacaco wrote: where do I find the one in the engine bay? sorry for my lack of knowledge :(

Edit: Found it. Bad news.

Is there a serial# plate behind passenger seat?

Estacaco Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:40 am

No plates behind passengers seat. The only spot i could find where a plate even existed was behind the drivers seat.

fes Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:46 am

Estacaco wrote: No plates behind passengers seat. The only spot i could find where a plate even existed was behind the drivers seat.

Hmm..there was one there for sure at one time.. should be rivet holes..unless the PO filled them in, what's your intentions with this old girl?

Estacaco Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:49 am

My intentions were to get it on the road. But now I gotta make sure nothing shady has happened.

What makes this harder to figure out is the the previous PO is now dead so can't figure out too too much at this point.

fes Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:54 am

Well It is a '69 at least..with a "64 1200 engine for some reason?? You can contact the police and MVR and run that engine compartment #. If it comes up clean, then you can get replica m-code plates made, also there is a guy in the UK that will send you blank serial tag for the passenger side..did you get a bill of sale?

Estacaco Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:03 am

Yes i have a Bill of sale. but it matches the dash vin not the engine bay vin.
Passengers side.

Drivers side.

Estacaco Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:14 am

If the Engine bay VIN comes back clean, I might just pretend I never found that VIN.

fes Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:21 am

I'm not sure what those giant holes cut out of the seat stands are, speakers maybe.. but that tag should be between your air duct and seat belt mount nut..either way it's long gone..I'd run that tag in the back..i think there is an online rcmp database..also contact the mvr and maybe tell them you are looking at a salvage vehicle with no paper work..get them to run that number..if it all comes up clean then the choice is yours on what to do..keep it registered on the windsheild number and forget any of this ever happened..or just keep it as a parts bus..you have an awful lot of bodywork to do there my friend..it's not a lost cause, but not far off..
good luck!

Estacaco Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:49 am

The only way to get take ownership of an "abandoned" vehicle in Ontario is to get some paperwork from the dealer stating the vehicle is correct to what you say. Problem is I don't have a dealer withing 4 hours drive of me. and VW Birth certificates take FOREVER. Still waiting on the one to get my paper work done for my 73 westy.

fes Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:39 am

I understand..but couldn't you call the MVR and and tell them you have found an old vehicle on some farmer's land..and tell them you want to run the serial# before you buy it from him to make sure there is mo shennanigans?

Estacaco Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:10 am

The vehicle is from another province.