TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Did Gabriel Iglesias really cut a 15-window in half?!! Page: 1, 2  Next
silvertonguedevil Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:12 pm

Anybody see the TV show "Tanked" tonight on Animal Planet? I'm sure most of you know that Gabriel Iglesias is a VW Bus nut. For those of you that didn't see the show, Gabriel wanted a fish aquarium and they decided to use a VW bus. He supplied them with a 15-window bus that didn't look too bad to me, and they cut it in half to make coming-and-going aquariums!! :shock: :shock:

Did anybody else see this?

EDragnDean Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:01 am

Yes. Sad day for the 15 window.

Nice advertisement for Ronnie and Bustoration.

Looks like "Fluffy" has quite a nice collection of buses though.

Stocknazi Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:51 am

Looks like that bus had a Brazillian decklid. Possibly a South American bus?

silvertonguedevil Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:26 am

I sure hoped that was the case! I also noticed the lack of a clock (or a hole for one) in the dash and the lack of trim holes made it seem more Kombi-ish. But STILL!!

rebapuck Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:57 am

I only saw the previews. Seemed silly to me as your only viewing would be standing up and looking in those small windows. Did they do something different?

silvertonguedevil Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:42 am

Not really. You just see it through the stock window openings. It looked pretty cool I guess but I was just sick to my stomach. Why didn't they at least find an abandoned shorty bus project somewhere?

thom Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:05 am

Look at the bright side: those of you with unmolested 15-windows just saw your values tick up a notch. Come to think of it, that's the only upside of this travesty I can see...

rebapuck Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:15 pm

Just saw the rerun. That was a nice bus. A '61.

Pinetops Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:44 pm

http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/tanked/videos/two-busloads-of-beauty/

It looks like he's acquired several more buses as well:

Pinetops Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:24 pm

thom Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Is that gym equipment in the background? For what? How much laundry could this guy possible have to hang out to drip dry?

busdaddy Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:59 pm

thom wrote: Is that gym equipment in the background? For what? How much laundry could this guy possible have to hang out to drip dry?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

rebapuck Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:09 pm

Not sure why the multiple washers, but the gym helped him lose a lot of weight.

65Nsqback Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:35 pm

The REAL question is how many people will see those "fish tanks" and do the same DUMB ASS THING..aka copycats....

EverettB Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:43 pm

I watched the 3 previews under that link above I am confused why the 4 washing machines. He looks to have a pretty good gym set up. If that helped him get in better shape good for him.

I wanted see more of the other Buses.

Older thread with his first(?) Bus:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=618364

Zebilmnc Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:36 am

Its two washers and two dryers. Matching front loader sets. The buses are in his office/warehouse complex thing. So lots of people needs two washers I guess.

Pinetops Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:57 am

I saw him live a couple years ago and he said he was trying to lose weight for medical reasons. He is genuinely funny and seems like a good guy, despite cutting up that 15 window.

campingbox Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:09 am

Pinetops wrote: I saw him live a couple years ago and he said he was trying to lose weight for medical reasons. He is genuinely funny and seems like a good guy, despite cutting up that 15 window.

Damn, that is impressive. Good for him.

55bundt Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:25 am

This one (58 dd logos removed) sits between the 21 and the double cab

PeteSC Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:34 am

rebapuck wrote: Just saw the rerun. That was a nice bus. A '61.

Fried eggs and spam cans? Don't think it was a '61.

I'll guess it was a Brazilian, like the many that are popping up in the classifieds these days. There was a shot during the episode of them trying to fit the tank in the back half of the bus and it caught the inside of the window openings; it looked like there were some pretty good sized rust holes just painted over. Not justifying cutting up a bus, but it was probably not as nice (or German) as it seemed.

Ronnie from Bustoration was on the episode and worked on the tank bus....maybe he'll chime in.