TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Looking for Inexpensive Paint Place in Southern/Central Cali
kristenannie Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:37 pm

We need to get our 1969 Bay Window painted and have been getting sticker shocked. It's been a while since my husband and I have gotten a car painted and prices have definitely gone up. That said, our bus needs it badly and we can't wait any longer. We got one quote for $7k and then went to Maaco in Ventura, CA and got a quote for $3700 that included handling the rust work, etc.

Does this sound reasonable? Are there any auto body schools on the central coast or southern California that might be able to take on a paint job like this? Anything we can do to bring the cost down?

Thanks so much!
Kristen

Here is a pic of our bus:

mattt Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:33 am

Yeah, don't vote for enviro-whackos or their chicken little supporters. One party has ruined this state and made it very expensive to get anything done, like a car paint job. Nevermind the junk paint you can get here now too....the old single stage that was available was good stuff. No longer available in CA. I've lived here my whole life and seen it go down.

c21darrel Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:40 pm

It really depends on the scope of the job. A "paint job" can run from $300 to $30,000, they are all paint jobs. Amount of rust repair, metal work, prep, quality of materials,...
The picture you posted could also have said, I just got my bay window painted, what do you think? Looks pretty good from this distance.
just not enough info to give a good answer.