TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: VW Bus owners in San Diego Area?
chamilka Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:49 am

H All, this is Cha from San Diego, I moved here few weeks ago from DC area. I think last time I posted something in this forum was in 2006, that's when I had my Vanagon :), wow time does fly!!!
I am looking to buy a VW bus soon and wanted to connect with local folks who have buses so I can tap into their knowledge, wisdom and meet in person. I live in Liberty Station (in Point Loma) and if you live close by please ping me I would appreciate it.
Thank you all
BTW- I donated my Vanagon to somebody in this forum long time ago but can not remember the name/screen name. If you are that person please ping me I would love to know how my Vanagon (Silvia) is doing after all these years.
Cha

Mike Fisher Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:41 am

You have to show up at the VW Club meetings/campouts etc if you want to be part of the Group! VW's camping at Lake Skinner today!
https://www.facebook.com/events/670285896406841/674136186021812/

A lot of VW Clubs in CA!
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/clubs/index.php

chamilka Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:32 pm

Thanks all
I went to checkout this 77 bay window bus few hours ago and ended up buying it. My main criteria was no rust, it is very clean with new paint. It was posted both here on Samba and in local CL. it drive really well at high speeds. There are lot of small parts missing so here start the fun of looking for parts and sorting this bus. very exited!!!
Looking forward to meet local bus owners.
Cha

chamilka Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:39 pm

OB Bus Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:44 pm

When you say it has a lot of small parts missing it makes me nervous.
Did you get a smog certificate when you bought that bus?

chamilka Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:37 pm

OB Bus wrote: When you say it has a lot of small parts missing it makes me nervous.
Did you get a smog certificate when you bought that bus?

I am sorry I didn't explain. Car has new smog certificate!!. I meant there are several interior piece missing such as, radio & speakers, some window nobs, driver seat needs restoration, Exterior: front turning lights do not work and loose ... things like that.
I assumed part of the fun is to find and install this missing pieces!!!
oh - the spare tire is missing too :)

pyrOman Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:23 am

chamilka wrote: H All, this is Cha from San Diego, I moved here few weeks ago from DC area. I am looking to buy a VW bus soon and wanted to connect with local folks who have buses so I can tap into their knowledge, wisdom and meet in person. I live in Liberty Station (in Point Loma) and if you live close by please ping me I would appreciate it.
Thank you all

Cha

Strictly Vintage 2s

Date: Every 1st Friday (July 3rd)
Time: 6:30pm
2253 Morena Blvd
San Diego, CA 92110-4134

8)

chamilka Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:43 pm

pyrOman wrote: chamilka wrote: H All, this is Cha from San Diego, I moved here few weeks ago from DC area. I am looking to buy a VW bus soon and wanted to connect with local folks who have buses so I can tap into their knowledge, wisdom and meet in person. I live in Liberty Station (in Point Loma) and if you live close by please ping me I would appreciate it.
Thank you all

Cha

Strictly Vintage 2s

Date: Every 1st Friday (July 3rd)
Time: 6:30pm
2253 Morena Blvd
San Diego, CA 92110-4134

8)

pyrOman - Thank you, I will definitely be there for the next meet up (Aug-7) - this is exactly what I was looking for :).
Thanks

Brian Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:07 pm

Aeromech would be the person to try to meet up. Get in touch with him here on the samba. He can set you straight bus wise.