TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Found a hole in my bug OMG
terryly Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:39 pm

So just tooling along today on the eastern slopes of the Rocky Mountains minding my own business chatting with the wife when I found this little hole in my bug Frank. WTF stopped immediately. I turned to my wife Maggy and says is that a hole??? Yes my love she says "that's a hole" and you better fix it sooner than later because I think my feet are starting to get wet. So I did just that I fixed that little fricken hole but good. Any body want to guess where my winch was? yep that's right bottom of that little hole!! Dug the winch out of the mud put it on the back extracted Frank from the hole backed up aaand hit her again a touch harder this time :x Take that you no good fer nothing, holding me up, time wasting ,don't know where im going but there's no sense showing up late POS hole.

OH YEA JUST GREAT I found another hole in my bug on the way back fixed that one too 8)

Over all it was a real nice Sunday drive. Started out with "hey you want to go for a spin in the buggy and get some ice cream ?" 160 km later [70 hiway] and 5hrs[100miles] I gave her ice cream twice 8)
Terry--- the hole fixer

ORANGECRUSHer Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:51 am

Looks like you made that hole your bitch, Terry.

HERC Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:19 am

That's one sloppy hole.

Dale M. Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:26 am

Holey mud pies, mudman....

Where are you going to carry your winch now.... Understand it is "plug in mount style"...

Dale

TDCTDI Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:54 pm

You definitely proved why you're obsessed with making fenders that would keep the mud off & you have obviously done it. My last several baja bugs would have been completely covered to the point of not knowing what color it was. I will tell you that if my car was in that predicament, my better half sure as hell wouldn't have been smiling or waving with anything more than one digit.

enjoyther1de Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:29 pm

Took them out for ice cream and a mud bath. That's gotta be worth Buku brownie points. Have you seen the prices women pay for that kind of service at a high end spa?

terryly Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:12 am

Hi folks just getting a little off road fix before calling it a day
Quote: Dale M.
PostPosted: Today 7:26 am Post subject:

Holey mud pies, mudman....

Where are you going to carry your winch now.... Understand it is "plug in mount style"...

Dale

Yea I should know better I did put 2 receiver mounts on the rear. Lower one for pulling and the upper for storage and to keep it out of the nonsence. But hey we were just going for ice cream :oops: Dale would like to take this opportunity to thank you :wink: Thank you good sir for all your contributions ,electrical savy thoughts and advice to other posters. I have soaked up a lot and used much. One of the most handy things is the Cole Hearse push to wash/ wipe delay wiper switch. That thing just works I can hit a puddle at speed paste the wind shield, reach out hit the knob once or twice it gives you a squirt or 2 and 3 wipes and bam your seeing again. Not as vital now with the new fenders as window just stays clean unless you hit a real deep one and push a wave over the front. With the new power steering there is no sawing on the wheel, it's a one handed affair even in the ruts. This leaves the left hand for shifting ,hitting the wiper switch and messing with the gopro.

Quote: TDCTDI
PostPosted: Today 1:54 pm Post subject:

You definitely proved why you're obsessed with making fenders that would keep the mud off & you have obviously done it. My last several baja bugs would have been completely covered to the point of not knowing what color it was. I will tell you that if my car was in that predicament, my better half sure as hell wouldn't have been smiling or waving with anything more than one digit.

Yea I am real happy with the way the fenders work. WE hit the mountain trails to see the grandeur of the mountains, nature and wild life. Cant do that if you'r blinded by slimey windows. Mags my wife is a real trooper and just loves getting out in the buggy. I had to laugh at her predicament there we were stuck.A 1/2 mile of mud ruts and holes in front and back of us and she's in a short skirt and sandals because we were just out for ice cream. She never went farter than the tree bars. HAHAHA I however had a pair of shit kickers[cowboy boots] stashed in the back seat. Thankfully Frankin bug has proved himself to be a very capable little rig or you know who would be giving a 1/2 mile piggy back.
Quote: enjoyther1de
PostPosted: Today 6:29 pm Post subject:

Took them out for ice cream and a mud bath. That's gotta be worth Buku brownie points. Have you seen the prices women pay for that kind of service at a high end spa?

Whats Buku

so was looking at you'r sig line are you a overhead door man I am a commercial service tech
Later guys
Terry

enjoyther1de Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:10 am

Buku means a lot, massive amounts of. What company do you work for?

TDCTDI Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:27 am

enjoyther1de wrote: Buku means a lot, massive amounts of. What company do you work for?
Perhaps beaucoup, French for much or many?

Dale M. Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:32 am

My little mud story was we were going to adventure in back woods, was still a little wet from winter and we went over a rise and down into a hole and went to turn right to catch road in direction we wanted to go.... JEEP decided it was going down left road...Thankfully no cliffs.... When it stopped sliding and got it turned around and looking at options there was about a 75-80 foot climb out really wet, nasty, rutted... Put jeep in fwd low and trans in 2nd and stormed the hill just got to top and out before it ran out of steam/traction, but we were out... Continued on and got out of mountains to next community down road.... Decided to stop of late lunch or early dinner at a local steak house... Now think about this jeep is covered in mud everywhere, even a couple of inches on hood and top.... Only one parking place availabel in parking lot in front or restaurant.... When we came out parking lot is still full, but the spaces on each side of jeep were conspicuously empty...

Dale

enjoyther1de Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:24 am

TDCTDI wrote: enjoyther1de wrote: Buku means a lot, massive amounts of. What company do you work for?

Hey I learned from mr.spicoli!

enjoyther1de Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:24 am

TDCTDI wrote: enjoyther1de wrote: Buku means a lot, massive amounts of. What company do you work for?

Hey I learned from mr.spicoli!

dustymojave Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:22 am

Loike, DUUUDE!

For some strange reason, considering Spiccoli was a California Surfer stoner, and this thread is about stuffing your Baja Bug in a mud hole in the Rockies...??? But I thought immediately of a phrase in my Sean Penn Spiccoli imitation.

By the time I get this far writing about it, I can't remember what the phrase was. Ah well, chalk it up to old timer's disease. If I can remember Fast Times at Ridgemont High, I MUST BE OLD! But then...I'll always remember Phoebe Cates.

But I'm glad you're putting all that rain to good purpose.

smileyman3000 Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:17 am

Mate!!!
I have to say that your bug is sick! Super tough. Exactly how a Baja should be! I really like it!

Smiley :)

terryly Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:29 am

Thanks Smiley that means a lot coming from you I have watched your build with great anticipation and interest. I to am toying with the idea of putting an 094 side shift in. I hear they come in 4 and 5 speeds. Would be real nice to have a real reverse in our neck of the woods. I know my butt kinda puckers when I am forced to back up.{mostly get buggy as far as I can then pull to a bit of traction} how cool would it be to have a locker....Oh yea your about to find out. I'll be on the edge of my seat watching.(':popcorn:')
Terry

smileyman3000 Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:14 am

terryly wrote: Thanks Smiley that means a lot coming from you I have watched your build with great anticipation and interest. I to am toying with the idea of putting an 094 side shift in. I hear they come in 4 and 5 speeds. Would be real nice to have a real reverse in our neck of the woods. I know my butt kinda puckers when I am forced to back up.{mostly get buggy as far as I can then pull to a bit of traction} how cool would it be to have a locker....Oh yea your about to find out. I'll be on the edge of my seat watching.(':popcorn:')
Terry

Go the 5 speed with a locker and you'll never look back! Or have to use reverse anyway :twisted:

I'm liking your winch setup. Mine will definitely be getting a winch.

Smiley :)

terryly Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:48 am

You ever looked in to EPS [electric power steering} put that on my buggy so simple http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight= Very worth while mod. especially in the rough.