TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 15 windows Brazil vs German price
mikemf8 Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:18 pm

How much difference in terms of price is a 15 windows brazilian bus vs 15 windows German bus? I saw a few brazilians on 35k average. Can any one tell?

awreed Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:07 pm

I think the late model 15 window buses are cool..... but they're not pre-68 German splitties.... so the price you pay should be lower IMO. How much lower? Maybe half? $35K for a Brazilian bus is kinda ridiculous to me, even if it were totally mint. I'd rather find a really nice 13 window German bus for that price.
But as you know, the real value of something (anything) is the price someone is willing to pay for it. There's always some uniformed idiot out there with a bundle of cash burning a hole in his wallet who will willingly and ignorantly shell out tens of thousands for a bus that really isn't that valuable.

But if you like the bus then don't worry too much about what the VW purists say as they will never appreciate the late model buses. I've never seen one at a show here in the pacific NW, so they are kinda rare creatures here. I wouldn't mind owning one at all.

awreed Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:13 pm

Post the link to the bus (buses) you're looking at and I'll tell you what I would offer. Maybe some other samba members will as well, and you can really get a feel for what informed enthusiasts would pay.

EverettB Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:42 pm

I think 50% might be a good guess.