TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Who's put newer porsche rims on their bus
ibfunkee Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:11 pm

like these

my bus is lowered with the bus boy straight axle kit.
plus, the offset on these is around 45 or 50. What should ours be? should it be lower like 13 or 20 or what? I've never got a clear answer about that. ALso, if you do have these wheels what type of lowering setup do you have

ibfunkee Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:34 am

what ofset do we need? the onl thing i've found in te search is that we need 54mm. Is thi right? please help

krusher Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:50 am

http://www.franklinsvwwerks.com/drop-spindles-disk-brakes.htm

ask these guys. :D

Salty D Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:17 pm

fixed

Fatcat Thu May 06, 2004 8:16 pm

Frequently I see newer Porsche wheels on Splittys, but no one's talkin.......
Must be a secret! They want the rest of us to look like dorks!

If you find anything out please post it!

I've got a neighbor with an old 911. I'm going to 'borrow' his wheels one day to see if they fit.

Panelfantastic Fri May 07, 2004 7:55 am

You mean like this????

... you don't even want to know what it takes to get to this level. If you could get four Boxster fronts... they might squeeze under. The real problem is the larger wheel sizes (17"), there's just no room in that front tub.

mynameismud Fri May 07, 2004 8:32 am

dayum panel - that is looking sweeter every day- you need to cruise it up to indy and try to put mine to shame- :lol:

Panelfantastic Fri May 07, 2004 8:52 am

Thanks Rus, If you knew how freakin' close I am to being able to fire this thing off.... :x
Going insane down here in hickville waiting on my ECU!
I've got other stuff to finish, repaint on the pass door, engine lid, rear hatch, etc. Rebuilding my side windows after the powder coating, making cab panels, etc... but all I need to fire it is to plug up the ECU and turn the key (and pray of course)!!

faster-laster Fri May 07, 2004 8:38 pm

very sweet looking panel there. I had no idea we had anything brewing that intense in my home state.

mynameismud Fri May 07, 2004 9:14 pm

That Mother F'r is gonna haul- Lemme know when it's ready to run - I would love to make the trip - (need to stop at Hatch Printing in Nashville anyways)

Panelfantastic Sat May 08, 2004 7:05 am

Thanks Guys!
I'll definately be shoutin' about it when it's finally rollling, don't worry.
I wanna make some Nashville shows this year, we only have one VW show down here (right outside Memphis) in Oct. Next year I really wanna travel around and make some different area shows with the bus.