TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Klassicfab Front Doors
DonKombi Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:17 am

Their website shows a pic of a raw metal passenger front door with the KF logo.

But when you are navigating their website to the "front doors" subcategory, there are eight items in that subcategory and all eight items are repair sections. No listing of a complete door.

Price list does show complete doors for $250 each.

Has anybody bought Klassicfab front doors? Any feedback on fit/quality?

Are they even available?

tanhis Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:27 am

I tought that they only sell front door skins no complete doors but I might be wrong.

DonKombi Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:24 am

Just to clarify....

When I described "complete door", I meant the complete metal structure of the door minus glass, minus latches, minus handle, etc...etc...

Like this:

Anybody have any experience with KlassicFab front doors? Feedback?

Gerson Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:25 am

complete door skins are available now for both sides, all years 53 to 67, lower front door skin repair sections are available now, lower inner front door frames both sides are available now.....complete doors (metal shells) will be available by the end of the year....when we (klassicfab) say complete it does not mean, door handles, glass, rubber, upper door frame, etc.etc.....complete means, the complete metal SHELL.....

DonKombi Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:05 am

Gerson wrote: complete door skins are available now for both sides, all years 53 to 67,

.....complete doors (metal shells) will be available by the end of the year....

Thanks for your reply Gerson!!

I guess my next question is..... Can I get a picture of the "inside" of your "complete door skins"? Are these the ones listed on your price list for $250 each? Do they have any inner structure?

Do you have any idea on pricing for your complete doors (metal shells) that will be available by the end of the year?

Thanks......

Gerson Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:50 am

send me an email at [email protected] I will send you pics of the inner door skins....the door skins are just the skins, no inner reinforcements...the complete front door shipping prices are not set yet...we actually need to ship one to find out...but I would say about $100.00 per door...

DonKombi Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:09 pm

Gerson wrote: the complete front door shipping prices are not set yet...we actually need to ship one to find out...but I would say about $100.00 per door...

I understand that you don't quite have the shipping costs figured out.

How about the actual cost of the part? Ballpark?

Gerson Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:24 pm

"about" $500.00 per door....not set in stone yet....

DonKombi Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:55 pm

Gerson wrote: "about" $500.00 per door....not set in stone yet....

Beautiful...... Put me first on the list. For a pair.

I heard a nasty rumor that you were going to move production to Mexico and begin shipping from Florida...... True? False? (Pretty pretty please..... tell me its true!!)

Gerson Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:26 pm

we are still working on that project....shit just takes forever....logistics are a bitch...

DonKombi Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:33 pm

Gerson wrote: we are still working on that project....shit just takes forever....logistics are a bitch...

If you are moving production to Mexico.......

Please make it near Manzanillo.

So us West Coast guys can get our containers full of your parts within 5 days!!!! :D

brettsvw Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:55 pm

DonKombi wrote: Just to clarify....

When I described "complete door", I meant the complete metal structure of the door minus glass, minus latches, minus handle, etc...etc...

Like this:

The pic shows an outer skin.

DonKombi Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:34 pm

brettsvw wrote: DonKombi wrote: Just to clarify....

Like this:

Thanks.....

I originally assumed that the door pictured was complete (not just a skin).

I will have to do some research on the "re-skinning" of a bus door.

Anybody have any experience "re-skinning" a bus door?

Seems like a LOT of work vs. getting a whole new door......

brettsvw Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:51 am

DonKombi wrote: brettsvw wrote: DonKombi wrote: Just to clarify....

Like this:

Thanks.....

I originally assumed that the door pictured was complete (not just a skin).

I will have to do some research on the "re-skinning" of a bus door.

Anybody have any experience "re-skinning" a bus door?

Seems like a LOT of work vs. getting a whole new door......

There is a tool that makes reskinning somewhat easy. It has been posted before in another thread.
The tool can be seen on youtube.

DonKombi Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:22 am

brettsvw wrote:

There is a tool that makes reskinning somewhat easy. It has been posted before in another thread.
The tool can be seen on youtube.

Thanks for the tip :D