TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 60 Ragtop 4 seater Long Travel 2.4 ecotec build Page: 1, 2  Next
HerbieDave Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:22 pm

Just got the car back from Mosebilt, have full custom cage, a-arm front suspension, 5x5 rears. Now need to buy a poop ton of bolts and start bolting everything in and start of wiring and plumbing!

oldcrow Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:55 pm

sweet ride. we need pics of the engine too

HerbieDave Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:00 pm

oldcrow Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:17 pm

I will be following this thread keep the posts coming

HerbieDave Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:20 am

Working on ordering fuel line and brake lines so I can start making what I need, also fabricating a plate to bolt to the top of the tunnel to mount the fly by wire pedal assembly

Bashr52 Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:33 am

This front end looks awesome, but I wonder about the lower shock mount protruding out like that? that seems like that would be a likely impact point. Traditional A-arms are parallel so the bottom arm angles up from the spindle quickly.

vwclass11 Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:02 pm

Bashr52 wrote: This front end looks awesome, but I wonder about the lower shock mount protruding out like that? that seems like that would be a likely impact point. Traditional A-arms are parallel so the bottom arm angles up from the spindle quickly.

My thoughts exactly...on another note, your rear bumper seems permanent.
Not sure how that would work out if you needed to remove the trans or engine.

HerbieDave Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:38 pm

Rear was made, then cut and made to be removeable. as seen in the pic below, it was off when I brought it home.

just ordered fuel and brake lines to fab up.

Toggle Switch Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:53 pm

Who's header it that? I need one like that for my buggy.

Iguana Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:06 am

Sweet build looks like fun.

One question and it might just be the light but what is your roll cage made from ? Is it DOM or Seamed ?

HerbieDave Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:34 am

CBM

Toggle Switch wrote: Who's header it that? I need one like that for my buggy.

HerbieDave Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:35 am

It's seamed

Iguana wrote: Sweet build looks like fun.

One question and it might just be the light but what is your roll cage made from ? Is it DOM or Seamed ?

oldcrow Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:11 pm

you are going to need a pilot's license for all the air you are going to catch. nice ride

1fastbigguy Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:13 am

Dave the car looks great! I'm looking forward to watching the progress. Are you planning to run power steering?

HerbieDave Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:44 am

yup, has electric power steering. I've been SLOWLY building the brake lines and working on the fuel system. Just been super busy and haven't had much time to dedicate to it, plus it's been pretty cold for us Californians lately!

dustymojave Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:56 pm

HerbieDave wrote: ... plus it's been pretty cold for us Californians lately!

Nah! you lowlander guys got it EZ. Up here on the SoCal high dez it's forecast to be 12° tomorrow nite. Other parts of the country have it worse than me. GoMopar440 up in Montana has highs of 25° in the day and he works on his Buggy. :) So no fussin about temps that most of the Baja and Buggy guys on here would LOVE to warm up to. 8)

GoMopar440 Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:37 am

Highs are forecast to be in the mid to upper teens for the next few days. Lows in the single digits. http://www.weather.com/weather/5day/l/59711:4:US What's a little frostbite for a good cause? :lol:

BTW: I just got back inside from giving the sawzall (and me) a workout for a few hours. My T3 has now turned into something more like a T0.125. :lol:

58Dub Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:00 pm

just came across this.... Man, that car is sweet! Love it!

1fastbigguy Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:06 pm

Good call on the EPS. We set ours up on a toggle so it could be switched off if need be... as it turns out there is no need to ever turn it off!

1fastbigguy Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:36 am

How is the progress on the car?