TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Accessory Hood Ornament: Homemade?
borninabus Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:29 am

not too big into accessories, but never seen one like it.
the VW symbol is pretty crude.
thinking this was made by some craftsman along the way?

Jubbly Bug Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Australian flying bonnet emblem I believe ,I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong aircooled accessorys in the UK are reproing them ,

Jim

BarbBee Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:03 pm

I thought it was the ozzie one too. I don't know if they've done a batch of repro or not though

IN2VWS Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:55 pm

That is a repro.
Yes, they are an aussie accessory, but have been reproduced in Australia, the UK and USA over the years.

TommyWilkens Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:30 pm

Anybody have any ideal where I can purchase one of the reproduction hood ornaments ? I did see one on e-bay but not worth the $255 asking price.I really want one of these on my 69 Bug.Thanks

hitest Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:49 pm

This site has free WTB ads. You'll get exposure to far more users of this site than just visitors of this thread.

usmc1345 Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:58 am

The one pictured is most likely a repro from Air Cooled Accessories. I dont believe they are currently making any. I do recall people complaining about cast marks. I bought one from them awhile ago and have no complaints about it, I was aware of the cast marks beforehand. The one you have seen on ebay is flat. I personally dont like it. This one is 3d so to speak. You can try and email ACA and see if he has any left. They are in England I believe.