TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: New to the forum type 3 owner
kabukiyu Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:37 am

hi guys im manny new to the forum here. i just got my 1972 squareback im really pump to start my restoration. i notice that the parts are not as available as the bug parts. so for all those type 3 owners any tips and tricks are welcome. thanks ahead.

KTPhil Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:45 am

Pretty much everything is available when you include the Classifieds here in your sources. A few parts are NLA, more for the earlier cars and the Ghias. A late Square is pretty easy to find parts for.

kabukiyu Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:12 am

i need to do the floorpans but so far i heard they use the ghia ones is that true? or where can i find squareback floorpans?

Air-Cooled Head Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:21 am

Welcome to The Samba.
One of the first/best things you can learn here is the Search function. You can either search the entire site by clicking Forums at the top of the page, then selecting Search. Or you search a particular forum by entering your search term in the "Search This Forum" box, upper left hand corner. Be warned that you'll get A LOT of hits. That's because so much knowledge is archived here.
I entered "floorpans" in the Search This Forum box. This is the first hit I looked at.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=441412&highlight=floorpans

Welcome, and good luck! 8)

Mike Fisher Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:44 am

www.ispwest.com etc & Classifieds. WTB ads. You haven't even posted pictures to show us your pans etc! :wink:

Bobnotch Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:56 pm

kabukiyu wrote: i need to do the floorpans but so far i heard they use the ghia ones is that true? or where can i find squareback floorpans?

Ghia pans can be made to work. Gerson is offering new full length type 3 pan halfs. ISP offers partial pan sections. They also offer most of the parts you need, as does CIP and a few other places. Also, E-bay of Germany has some pieces you might need, as does Type 3 Konny (he offers exterior patch panels).
However, if you're looking for "new" fenders, your only choice is NOS, and that means doing some searching. Most of us here rebuild what we have, or contact either Mike Fisher, or Joel (Boo-Koo-Z) for good used sheetmetal that we need.

kabukiyu Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:11 pm

wow how about that for a first post reply. you guys are awesome thank you.