TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: This 73 SB fuel injection is getting on my nerves.
blues90 Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:34 pm

Since I replaced the MAP with the proper and newer one it runs much better.

Fact is both the old MAP units look the same outside. And it used to run fine with either of them.

I checked the HTC today it was 57 degrees and read 3,670 Ohms and the IAD sensor read 394 ohm.

I have one other HTC sensor that only has a Bosch # 0 280 130 003 That one read 2,450 OHM @ 57 degrees and it has a much longer lead. Also it's missing the copper seal.

The one on this car has the proper cable length. It has a VW and Bosch # since it's had to see and not wanting to remove it I could reed the Bosch # 0 280 130 012 . I also have another and it has the same Bosch # and also a VW # 022 906 041 so I assume and as far as I can tell looking at the one in the car they are the same VW #.

I have searched on-line sites just typing in the Bosch # I have in the car and some sites refer it to type 3's and also the VW # with the same result.

From what I can find the 311 906 041 A the chart calls for seems to be what replaces the others I have .

I can now drive the car with the IAD temp sensor connected with the new MAP and it no longer pops out the exhaust on decel. It seems to run much better. And the HTC I have does with the higher resistance make it more rich at least when cold . last I checked when hot it drops to 90 ohm yet I lost my thermometer so I am just going by when the cars been driven 6 miles and the stat is open . I checked the two spare temp senders I have by the computer where it's 74 degrees and both with different cold resistance read 3,000 ohm @74 degrees.

I have read when hot the HTC should not drop below 190 Ohm at 212 degrees . I would imagine the heads get hotter than 212 degrees but the chart stops there. Also read on one site the ECU only see's a low of 75 OHM and a high of about 3900 ohm . The Bentley offers very little 2500 ohms cal @ 68 degrees either sensor is faulty if it reads 0 ohm or infinity.

I know the higher resistance means richer as the temp rises the resistance drops down and leans out.

This car does run and pickup better than it has in a while with everything connected. Everything in the ign dept is new cap rotor wires and the timing is steady and does not hang. It always starts right off.

Am I missing something on these temp sensor numbers or readings?

I'm not concerned that the engine will blow I don't drive high speed on the freeway . These sensors just make things confusing . The temp chart I refer to is the one Russ put up long ago.

The info I got on the sender number's was on Richard Atwell's site if you type in 022 906 041 in your search engine you will see Atwell and temp sensors.