TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: [Brunswick, Maine] Vacationland VAG Fair 11 & 12 June 2016
FlatFourVW Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:58 pm

*This is an official announcement from me, one of the promoters of the VAG Fair*

(I will be adjusting information here over the next few months, but here's what is known so far:)

We're back for our second year at Thomas Point Beach along the beautiful coast of Maine!

Saturday 11 & Sunday 12
June, 2016

Our 2-day show began in York, PA in 2005 (and continues to grow as one of the biggest VW shows on the East Coast of the US), but we've expanded and are also providing a relaxing 2-day early-Summer event for those of you "way up" in the Northeast USA!

Photos of the 2015 event:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/flatfourvw/albums/72157654717373332

Please visit VAGFair.com for the most accurate updates!

IMG_5363-2560

IMG_5215-2560

hotsam Tue May 17, 2016 1:49 pm

Hmmm...my parents live like 1/4 mile from there...could be a possible road trip for me.

crukab Wed May 25, 2016 5:52 am

Looks a bit like the Wolfsgart show, 75% wcvw, 25% acvw.

blakehathaway Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:45 am

crukab wrote: Looks a bit like the Wolfsgart show, 75% wcvw, 25% acvw.

You say that like it's a negative thing? Have you been to either VAG Fair or wolfsgart, or are you just drawing uninformative conclusions that it won't be a good time because there are watercooled cars there? Both shows are incredibly well done, and the organizers spend a lot of time including all enthusiasts.

Hard to grow the acvw attendance with attitudes like that.

crukab Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:32 pm

blakehathaway wrote: crukab wrote: Looks a bit like the Wolfsgart show, 75% wcvw, 25% acvw.

You say that like it's a negative thing? Have you been to either VAG Fair or wolfsgart, or are you just drawing uninformative conclusions that it won't be a good time because there are watercooled cars there? Both shows are incredibly well done, and the organizers spend a lot of time including all enthusiasts.

Hard to grow the acvw attendance with attitudes like that.

I didn't say it like it's a negative thing, that is your take on my comment.

I've been to Wolfsgart w/ my WCVW Doka, I'm drawing my conclusion from the pics posted from both shows. I prefer going to shows where I can buy ACVW parts from the swap meet area, stuff I can't find at auto parts stores & junk yards, which is where I can find WCVW stuff. You want to grow the ACVW attendance, get more venders of ACVW stuff.
The Vws listed in my sig line are the ones I own now, pleanty of Air & Water mix, I have owned over 30 Vw Buses/trucks, I like all Vws, air or water.

I hope your show goes well.