TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: PhD Research: A Survey on Dieselgate/The Emissions Scandal
SLockey Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:49 pm

Hello everyone,

Firstly, I'd just like to say thank you to Everett for allowing me to post this here. I really appreciate it.

So I’m a PhD student at Durham University Business School in the UK and am looking to do some research into the influence the Emissions Scandal has had on Volkswagen customers’ and enthusiasts’ perceptions of the company and their behavioural intentions towards it, if any, as part of my thesis. My research interest is primarily how organizations deal with crises, and I want to get some information from people who are likely to have a strong affinity towards the company, so communities like this one are invaluable to my research. Also, I'm interested to know whether there are any particular differences in opinion between the US and the UK, as the issue has affected people differently and has, I believe, been reported slightly differently across the locations. I understand that this site is primarily aimed at people who own and/or have an interest in air-cooled cars, so not many of you may be affected directly by this issue. This isn't so important, in fact, it would be very useful to gather information from people who own or have an interest in VW vehicles that aren't actually affected by it.

The survey should take just under 20 minutes to complete. It contains questions relating to personality, VW ownership, VW's role in the crisis, feelings and behavioural intentions towards the company, and a few short videos of former VW USA CEO, Michael Horn. Hopefully you will find it interesting, and I will send a report of my findings to those who would like to see it in due course.

https://durhambs.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1GqNjVKvBtznvq5

Your participation is much appreciated, and to reiterate, will help me complete my PhD thesis.

Thank you

Steve

TDCTDI Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:12 pm

You should peruse this thread for your research too if Everett hasn't pointed it out, http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637945
It will give insight into the reaction of the members as it unfolded.

EverettB Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:53 pm

Thanks for that, I should have directed him to that thread.

I did not realized it had stretched to 15 pages, there should be some good reactions in there too.

SLockey Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:12 am

Thanks TDCTDI, I'll read through that thread to get a sense of what people were feeling as events unfolded. Much appreciated.