TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: line lock mount
Tbirdusa Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:00 am

Is this switch mount available on the open market or is it a custom, one off piece that somebody built?

I've bit the bullet and purchased the crap plastic Hurst one so I can keep moving along on my interior make over but it looks like a $2 piece of garbage.... except it was closer to $30.

If the one above can't be bought, I'll make one but would rather just buy it if available.

clonebug Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:04 pm

Tbirdusa wrote: Is this switch mount available on the open market or is it a custom, one off piece that somebody built?

I've bit the bullet and purchased the crap plastic Hurst one so I can keep moving along on my interior make over but it looks like a $2 piece of garbage.... except it was closer to $30.

If the one above can't be bought, I'll make one but would rather just buy it if available.
That is a nice looking switch setup.
I also looked at the not so cheap Hurst line loc button for my launch control system.
I ended up building my own using a cheap $3.00 switch from Radio Shack.
Here is the first one I built using a momentary switch just like the Hurst button uses.

After looking at it and thinking about it for a while I ended up building one with a on/off switch so I could use it for Launch control and Flat shift. That way I could turn it on and not have to remember to hold the button down while shifting and driving.

This is an on/off switch. Just a little bigger but still fits pretty good...

Glenn Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:01 am

Nice looking but definitely custom, kudos to the owner.

I just the stock Hurst button with a stainless clamp. Not as pretty but it does the job.

W1K1 Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:32 am

I used the horn button for the switch, I had a relay to switch from horn to line lock.

Tbirdusa Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:55 pm

For a $50 Applebee's gift card, we'll see what the machinist comes up with. Hoping to have done early next week.

Tbirdusa Wed May 04, 2016 6:40 am

Went to a lot of work for just mounting a button but it's done.

SBD Wed May 04, 2016 7:44 am

Tbirdusa wrote: Went to a lot of work for just mounting a button but it's done.

WOW! Looks good to me! 8)