TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Need suggestions on reparing interior body panel
zodlaw Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:35 pm

So I got this big hole I need to fix. I looked for some panel sections and I cannot seem to find a replacement. I have not figured out if I want to save the shell or roll it as is. It is close to the seat belt bolt in so it concerns me a little. The bottom where it connects to the heater channel is shot too. What do you guys think? I want to shave all the headliner teeth and paint the interior.
Best

67rustavenger Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:32 pm

zodlaw wrote: So I got this big hole I need to fix. I looked for some panel sections and I cannot seem to find a replacement. I have not figured out if I want to save the shell or roll it as is. It is close to the seat belt bolt in so it concerns me a little. The bottom where it connects to the heater channel is shot too. What do you guys think? I want to shave all the headliner teeth and paint the interior.
Best
I have a 68 rear quarter panel that I just need the outer skin from.
If you want that inner part from my quarter panel. Lay some tape over the section that you want to replace and place a tape measure in the in the image. I can cut it out and deliver it to you Friday or Saturday. Take note of where I live. I'm real close to ya. Otherwise you can get body pieces from Avery's in Kelso of AutoSport International on Vancouver.
Shoot me a PM if interested.
Good Luck.