TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Volksfest 4/30/16 Manheim PA
andk5591 Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:11 am

http://www.parenfaire.com/volksfest/

Nobody posted this yet - Have gone several times and its always really nice. Anything VW is going to be there. Mostly aircooled, but a nice representation of water cooled cars. Real good swap meet as well.

Very nice venue with good food. If anybody is coming from the west and passing through State College, let me know. There are some of our club members also going, put will probably be taking the turnpike from Bedford area.

caseydenise Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:33 pm

Is there any camping in the area? Coming from NJ.

MrBreeze Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:34 pm

Casey,

Talk to Mike on LI, he was looking into the camping scene today. We're heading down Friday morning. We were going to hotel it, but if Mike finds a good place of course we're camping.

73sports Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:41 pm

Does anyone know if they will have the good food (smoked turkey legs, pulled pork..) like they did a few years ago? I really like this show, and that just put it over the top.

MrBreeze Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:15 pm

73sports wrote: Does anyone know if they will have the good food (smoked turkey legs, pulled pork..) like they did a few years ago? I really like this show, and that just put it over the top.

Lunch:10:00AM-2:30PM
Water, Soda, Powerade, Beef Brisket, BBQ Pork, Hot Dogs and an Assortment of Sides
**All Sandwiches are served with chips

andk5591 Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:14 am

Was it last year that they were renovating the kitchen and only had hot dogs or was it the year before. Any other time the food was really good and reasonably priced. There's also a convenience store across the street if you want a sub or something.

MrBreeze Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:25 pm

We're camping at:

PA Dutch Country RV Resort
717-665-2500 Talk to Flo and tell her you're with the VW group

Open 9-4, so call asap to get a spot!

VDubTech Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:04 am

I'll be coming down and vending in the swap meet....any parts requests? I have a ton of Bay Window parts, I just parted out a couple of 66 Beetles and a 71 Ghia. Lots of stuff left over so if there's something specific you're looking for let me know and I'll bring it along. I have a boatload of Bay Window glass too, everything except windshields. Lots of one piece rear windows to replace that rotted vent window frame. Cash and all major credit cards accepted...see you on Saturday!

MrBreeze Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:24 am

Hey Brian,

Any westy stuff? Looking for the upper cabinet over the rear seat, mine never had one. If you happen to have any sink stuff, pump, etc. bring it along.

obnoxiousblue Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:07 am

As Rob mentioned, we are camping.
Would love to have a few "new neighbors" join us. We're heading out from Long Island on Friday late morning and should be to the campground by 3 at a leisurely pace.

PA Dutch Country RV Resort
717-665-2500 Talk to Flo and tell her you're with the VW group

We're checking in on Friday, and out on Sunday morning.
Will probably do breakfast and go to the Hershey AACA museum before we hit the road back towards home.

If anyone needs anything along the way, or wants to join drop me a line.
five one six 8 five two 86 nine 8

VDubTech Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:59 pm

MrBreeze wrote: Hey Brian,

Any westy stuff? Looking for the upper cabinet over the rear seat, mine never had one. If you happen to have any sink stuff, pump, etc. bring it along.
I'm pretty sure I've got one Rob, but I'm gonna have to smash your head into it before I sell it to you just so you can get used to it when you sleep in the bottom bunk. :D I'll be bringing a lot of Bus parts, pretty sure I have some sink stuff too. Check me out when you're in the swap.

EMPIImp69 Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:45 pm

I won't have a swap spot but let me know if anyone needs anything in my ads below. If so I'll bring it you at the show, Thanks

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=EMPIImp69

nreslifer Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:41 am

Will be looking for a really nice 64 front hood handle saturday

EMPIImp69 Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Looking for early bug popouts, driver side 58-64 bug door & OG 67-down rear fenders, Thanks

andk5591 Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:28 am

Gotta clean out the inside of the car and will be leaving in an hour.

andk5591 Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:58 pm

Got home a little while ago. Had a real nice time and was great to see a lot of folks that I havent seen for a while. Was a lighter turnout than usual. Not sure if it was the sketchy looking weather or what, but there were still a lot of killer cars there.

Talked to Tim with HAVOC and the only gripe that I have is that too many cars and swap meet vendors leave too early. There were so many cars I wanted to check out and till you get to them, off they go down the road....And same with the swap meet - went back to one guy to buy something and he was gone.

Otherwise was a really nice show. Plan on it next year and hopefully the weather will be nicer.

EMPIImp69 Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:34 pm

I got to this show by 8am, awesome swap meet, scored a bunch of good deals, looked at the show cars and was out by 10:30. One of the best swap meets by far, as far as the shows around here go, Thanks.

VDubTech Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:35 pm

andk5591 wrote: The only gripe that I have is that too many cars and swap meet vendors leave too early. .And same with the swap meet - went back to one guy to buy something and he was gone.
On the flip side of that, maybe they had other commitments. Maybe they had a long drive. I got there a little late at 8:15 to set up for the swap and I started packing up around 1-1:30. It's a 4 hour drive for me each way and I was out of the house by 4 this morning to get down there. I don't know if you've ever sold in the swap before and this or any other show but if I had a nickel for every guy that told me he'd be back in a little while for a certain part, I'd have a shitload of nickels. I had quite a few today that seemed interested enough that I loaded those parts last when I was packing up. I can't sit around all day and wait on the off chance that person is actually coming back. I'm guilty of it myself buying at a swap. I sold a lot today and it was well worth the trip down. I shut it down by 1:30 so I would have a chance to check out some of the cars before it ended and you're right the show field was pretty barren. Just another take on it, I understand what you're saying but if you want that part, buy it when you're standing there. I don't value "I'll be back later" as a solid commitment to buy a part. Just a look from the other side...

All in all it was a great show as always thank you to everyone that bought stuff from me, I gave my name out to a lot of people looking for things I didn't bring with me so feel free to drop me a pm.

Oh, and I was the guy on the backside of the swap, maroon GMC pickup and a Uhaul trailer.

andk5591 Sun May 01, 2016 12:53 pm

I understand what you are saying and I understand. Just that with a show like this, cars and vendors are coming and going all day. So its hard to catch everything. Some shows I go to have a registration cut off time and also discourage people from leaving before a certain time. Same with the swap meet area. It also makes things a little safer.

Anyway - just me grumbling a little had money in my pocket, just didnt find what I needed....

But like I said earlier - always a good show. Was surprised Acme wasnt there this year.

obnoxiousblue Mon May 02, 2016 5:12 am

VDubTech wrote: I don't know if you've ever sold in the swap before and this or any other show but if I had a nickel for every guy that told me he'd be back in a little while for a certain part, I'd have a shitload of nickels.

Hey! I resemble that!
:P