TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Automotive swap finds
Zundfolge1432 Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:28 pm

I've often said people should not limit themselves to VW only events. You'll find better deals when you attend an all makes swap or car show. Here's the evidence of today. The event which is put on by a local Model A Ford club encompasses all makes and models and further includes anything automoble related and petrolina and related antique oddball stuff including motorcycle and bicycle, vending machines, tools etc. items of intrest in a mans world.

So here's today's haul the wheels cost 25 dollars for all, thats all 4. the tow bar was 20. The stuff on the table from right to left, puller 3 bucks,snap on 1/4 drive speed handle 3 bucks, snap on tach/dwell meter 5 bucks, snap on 10mm crows foot (for oil cooler) R/R. Five bucks, late bug antennae 1 dollar, early 68 speedo type 1 five bucks look close, its semi rare, note early face late fuel gage , late ashtray 1 buck, drill cases blue point 2 bucks. Oh I forgot those blue boxes are NOS Varga wheel cylinder rebuild kits 12 kits 5 dollars for all. There was other VW stuff I passed over but the point is many of the items are priced really low especially vw stuff because they don't know what it is or how to price it. Before I got there a running be engine went for 125 bucks. Have fun buddy :D

EverettB Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:47 am

Nice scores! I never seem to find much at non-VW swaps around here (when I attend) but I did miss a porcelain VW dealer sign once, that hurt.

Zundfolge1432 Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:29 pm

So I went back Saturday right before it closed, guys were packing it up and got these pop outs for 5 bucks.

BeetL62 Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:59 pm

Nice scores! My best find at a non-VW show was buying a cheap stack of VW magazines and finding a mint Feb 1975 Cal Look issue in the pile.

Stanagon Wed May 04, 2016 5:54 am

I scored 4 bus pop-out side windows, with latches, this past weekend for $40. Two of them should be usable with minimal rust treatment and new outer seals.

A fellow VW bus fan that was hosting a cruise breakfast sold them to me. They came from a bus passenger side clip that they are planning to use for an art display.