TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Lug Bolt Lettering
Beacon Thu May 05, 2016 11:45 am

The tops of the wheel bolts I'm replacing, part #111-601-139, are blank. But when I look to buy new ones on line they have lettering or a name on the tops. Does anyone know what these letters spell out?

Digger89L Thu May 05, 2016 6:30 pm

Might be able to tell you if I could actually READ the lettering in the pic you posted ....needs to be WAY larger ......However, there are some like this in the classifieds: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1858333. Name is Parafixar ....a Portugese nut and bolt maker. So ...perhaps aftermarket bolts??

bugheadred Thu May 05, 2016 6:42 pm

I cant help myself (who cares )

Zundfolge1432 Fri May 06, 2016 4:02 am

[email protected] wrote: I cant help myself (who cares )

Someone doing a period correct restoration. Not so much for VW but at a real car show vehicles are evaluated for having correct hardware and date codes, factory grease pencil markings. It could mean the difference between two nearly identical cars. As with most of the other hardware VW used multiple vendors to supply the bolts, some have numbers some were rececess head while others were flat.

Beacon Fri May 06, 2016 6:10 am

Zundfolge1432 wrote: [email protected] wrote: I cant help myself (who cares )

Someone doing a period correct restoration. Not so much for VW but at a real car show vehicles are evaluated for having correct hardware and date codes, factory grease pencil markings. It could mean the difference between two nearly identical cars. As with most of the other hardware VW used multiple vendors to supply the bolts, some have numbers some were rececess head while others were flat.

Spot on. Plus I'm OCD. So this stuff counts. Now the question is: Are these bolts period correct?