TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Help identifying sand rail frame!
Craven623 Thu May 12, 2016 6:42 pm

I need help identifying this sand rail frame. I inherited it from my father and don't know anything about it. I remember seeing it as a kid, it has been around my whole life. I assume it is from the 80's but not sure. Any help would be appreciated as I don't know much about sand rails. Thanks!

Dale M. Thu May 12, 2016 7:32 pm

Looks like one serious ride....Get it off trailer and drive it like you stole it... Who made frame in not top priority...

Dale

Aerindel Fri May 13, 2016 3:31 am

"Help Identify this sand rail frame" is probably one of the most common questions asked around here but its just about impossible to answer and almost entirely irrelevant.

Its not like with cars, the frame is just whatever someone built. More important are what engine, suspension and transaxle it has. Looks like a nice clean rig to me. A lot more complete than what I inherited.

If your new then ask questions, someone here can probably answer just about anything you ask...except who made the frame. It could be anybody, a lot of these are built at home from raw tubing and more or less look the same.

Q13931152 Fri May 13, 2016 8:15 am

I get the whole what make is it thing.

.its a little like the fiberglas buggy thing where people (myself included) have a buggy and want to know who made it. Sometimes the manufacturer is known, sometimes.... Well it's a mystery and nobody knows who made it... I've got one of those mystery buggy bodies that I've owned for several years and have never had any luick with identifying it. In the end it only matters to one person and that's you.

Best of luck with identification, it definitely is one cool looking rail.