TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Ugly Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Fish Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:44 pm

This was one of my thoughts this morning driving to work while being stuck in traffic behind a Honda Element.
My picks for "Ugliest cars made today". Purely based on visual. Not performance, price or anything else.

#1. Pontiac - Aztek
#2. Honda - Element.
#3. Toyota - Scion xB

spookymulder Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:44 pm

Hey Chris, how about a list of all time ugliest cars. Even then I still think the Aztec would be on it near the top. I would vote for that absolutely Godawfull 1981 Caddy Seville with the hacked off trunk and the 1976 AMC Pacer to be on the all time list.

Jessica Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:45 pm

Chrysler PT Cruiser!

And I agree with your other choices.

MrBreeze Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:55 pm

AMC Javelin
That stupid tail on the old hemi's
Le Car/Yugo
Any French car

Glenn Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:13 pm

AMC Matador
Ford Edsel

obus Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:08 pm

think we have gone through this before but my list will have to include: any K car from the 80's, chevy citation and the X cars from GM(i think that is the code), aztec/rendezvous, ford torino from like 73 or so, & mopar cars like the coronet where they were just big(73 or so?) i am sure that i am forgetting a few.

VWAdam Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:28 pm

Datsun F10s
AMC Pacers
Ford Pintos

orangeeyesore Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:45 pm

funny, i saw an aztec today. i turned to my dad and said " that is easily the ugliest car ever "

15 windowdelux Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:57 pm

One of my coworkers has a bright red Aztek and she thinks its the shits. I just shake my head. It is the all time ugliest car ever built hands down no discussion needed. But thats just my opinion.

obus Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:12 pm

all time ugly vw's- in this order-

dasher, 411 & 412

6d7vdub Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:45 pm

Pontiac Aztec tops my list. Honda Element is pretty ugly. Oh, my wifes grandma had a minivan....the Chevy Lumina van....we called it the dustuster. Her grandpa traded it in for a 03 Lexus SUV for there 55th anniversary. 8)

justbuggin Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:46 am

Sorry guys, but this one beats the shit outta yours!! It's a selecta version of the Fiat Multipla:

http://www.tuninglove.com/disegni/giugno_03/bogich/multipla%20new.jpg

Anyone seen rolling this POS should be dragged from the car & shot.

fastwagens Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:54 am

Aztec in any color any option this thing is just BUTT UGLY

hazegry Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:09 am

My wife has a Honda Element yes its ugly BUT we have 2 large dogs ( 100lbs each ), and a 7 year old boy so being able to wipe out the interior after long car rides is a huge plus. The Element also has lots of room inside for the dogs stadium seating for the back seats, the spare tire cover turns into a picknic table, seats fold down and make a bed, etc. We looked at it as a joke and bought it. With us being a military family we need the space for those long trips home while on leave. I know you guys are going to say buy a bus but the wife will not ride or drive in anything without a/c and doesn't trust an old car on a trip when I HAVE to get back to the base on time. Ugly yes but it fits some peoples needs perfectly.

hazegry Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:11 am

justbuggin wrote: Sorry guys, but this one beats the shit outta yours!! It's a selecta version of the Fiat Multipla:

if I am not mistaken that car is built by renult (sp) not fiat I remember seeing them while in euroupe I could be wrong though

NorCalRiviera Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:39 am

I must be the only person here who doesn't think the Element is that ugly! I would definitely rate the Scion as being uglier than the Element.

-Taylor

obus Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:57 am

i kinda like the element and scion. kinda grew a little bit on me. then again, i don't think the pacer and gremlin are that bad looking either. :roll:

justbuggin Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:57 am

[email protected] wrote: justbuggin wrote: Sorry guys, but this one beats the shit outta yours!! It's a selecta version of the Fiat Multipla:

if I am not mistaken that car is built by renult (sp) not fiat I remember seeing them while in euroupe I could be wrong though

How good are you at taking bad news? Umm, yep, you're wrong. It's a Fiat.

http://www.fiatmultipla.com

jeremyrockjock Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:57 am

Fish wrote: This was one of my thoughts this morning driving to work while being stuck in traffic behind a Honda Element.
My picks for "Ugliest cars made today". Purely based on visual. Not performance, price or anything else.

#1. Pontiac - Aztek
#2. Honda - Element.
#3. Toyota - Scion xB

This is my same opinion exactly!

veedubgirl Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:22 am

I think basically any car between the years 1972-1995 and even after that there are a good hand ful that are just awfull. I always wondered what car designers were thinking in the 80's. They all must have had an awful crack binge...
As for recent cars, I'm happy to see something different.. ANYTHING different. It seems that after their crack binge, they decided to stick to one design for the 90's and all cars look the same. I'm happy to see the likes of the PT and that new Infinity SUV I think it's called a FX somethin somethin..... that thing is sweet lookin...