TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: A/P wheels back from coaters
MjrBummer Fri May 27, 2016 9:45 am

I got my Appliance Pacer wheels back from the powder coaters the other day. They cleaned up pretty well. Some minor imperfections, but they're going on my 61 Baja, so it's not that critical. The fronts are 14"x6" with 27x8.5R14 General Grabber AT2's going on them. The rears are 8"x15" with 255/70R15 General Grabber AT2's going on them. Was thinking of giving them a 1/4" rd pinstripe to match the bug too.

Still have to get the new front bumper, nerf bars, and baja mirror mounts painted and put on too.

Before:

After:

Replacing these wheels:

mtnroads Mon May 30, 2016 7:37 pm

I have always loved that style of wheel ! looks great, red stripe would be cool too. what color Argent silver?

MjrBummer Tue May 31, 2016 3:47 pm

Not sure what shade of silver it was called. I looked through there color samples and that one popped out at me.

I have the tires ordered. Now it's just hurry up and wait until I get back home this weekend. I've been on the road for more than 7 months working, so it's getting kind of old only being home on the weekends and trying to get something accomplished.

I post pick after they get mounted.

Bill

MjrBummer Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:29 pm

I finally got my wheels and tires mounted. I got a "Stripe It All" kit and put 1/4" Red stripes on the wheels to match the bug. That tool made putting on the stripes quick and easy.

Now to get the nerf bars and mirror mounts on. Amongst other things. Slow progress.