TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: F.I. fasty won't idle
t-royR Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:34 pm

Have 28 psi at the T. Runs great if i give it gas. won't idle well> adjusted idle screw. no effect. it will bring the rpms down (to a stall), but won't raise it above a "chug-chug". vacuum lines are there and look good. air cleaner clean and with proper level. it is an automatic

Help

Tram Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:30 pm

Point gap? Timing?

t-royR Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:55 pm

had checked/set those before. was going to check timing again.

raygreenwood Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:39 pm

t-royR wrote: had checked/set those before. was going to check timing again.

You cant accurately set timing unless you have stable idle.....and vice-versa. You have to work back and forth a bit. Ray

t-royR Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:45 pm

re-set gap and adjusting timing. think battery is not strong enough now to fire injectors?

raygreenwood Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:29 pm

t-royR wrote: re-set gap and adjusting timing. think battery is not strong enough now to fire injectors?

Why doea it not start?

The injection system can bare minimun fire the inectors down to about 9.5-9.8 volts......but the lower the voltage below 12 volts.....the richer it runs.
So.....if you have really low voltage coming to the system......its very possible that you are running so rich that the idle screw cannot provide enough air to mix with the fuel to raise idle.

Also....you aren't doing this runing on battery only are you?.....thats a recipe for failure.

Also make sure that when starting from cold that the AAR is open....and when warmed up make sure it closes. If it does not close....it will run you quite rich.

Also......I would keep this in your other thread. Its still part of the same problem.

You appear to be approaching this piecemeal a bit. Stop and check all the components.....and wires. Make sure everything is correct before starting it ro tune it again. Ray

Donnie strickland Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:45 pm

raygreenwood wrote: I would keep this in your other thread. Its still part of the same problem. Ray

Yep.

t-royR Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:13 pm

continuing this on my original thread

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=655425&highlight=