TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Eureka Springs, Arkansas VW Festival August 26th-28 Page: 1, 2  Next
driverlost Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:18 pm

Foul Air Klub & Wetdub are hosting another German car event with a much bigger venue do too the overflowing of the overflow show last year.

We had over 200 cars with over 160 registered last year. We now have acres of grassy parking & special camping areas as well as tons of vendor space.

This year should bring in well over 200 cars. Along with the long running show at the Best Western Inn of the Ozarks will be over 500 VW's, and several other German cars in one place! Lets make it a thousand this year!

Once again come and go as you please type of an event. Not about the trophies but camaraderie.

Please consider hanging out with us in this amazing small town located in the Ozarks with some of the best driving roads in America.

More information on the web site. Questions comments always welcome.

Web site: http://www.eurekaspringscarshow.com/

https://www.facebook.com/events/483613608503165/?n...8963627505

Zundfolge1432 Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:33 am

Sounds good see you there. :D

iowegian Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:14 pm

Zundfolge1432 wrote: Sounds good see you there. :D

Damnit, man------haven't I told you to move those engine cases before they tip over on your car?

driverlost Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:33 am

A quick video to show our new location:

We invite you all to come see the wonderful Ozarks in Eureka Springs Arkansas.

Pre registration is highly recommended to guarantee all that will be included over the weekend.

http://www.eurekaspringscarshow.com/

driverlost Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:49 am

We just hit enough pre registered people to include a free Sunday morning breakfast.

Unfortunately due to our kitchen needing an accurate count a week in advance this can only be for pre registered guests.

Day of we can allow for a guest & children of the registered for an additional fee I can not publicly disclose.

More details to follow. Itinerary will be available on Friday before the show. Things keep changing as funds come in. You still have time to pre register so get on it! http://www.eurekaspringscarshow.com/

Goody bag items like last year are purchased from your entry fee! The more we get, the more you get.

Foul air klub. Changing how car shows should be done.

Baja2 Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:02 pm

We will be leaving stl Friday morning. Going to the foul air show this year. It will be nice to have grass instead of blacktop. See you there.

Zundfolge1432 Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:52 pm

Baja2 wrote: We will be leaving stl Friday morning. Going to the foul air show this year. It will be nice to have grass instead of blacktop. See you there.

I can't get enough, I'll do both shows. I'll be looking for shade either way

Zundfolge1432 Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:59 pm

I moved the cases from falling on the oval. :D

Zundfolge1432 Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:23 pm

Show doesn't officially start until Saturday AM but people are showing up already to get good position and it's not crowded yet. Looky

This truck project showed up for sale, comes with spares.

Zundfolge1432 Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:53 am

Selling parts from the balcony of my room sitting in a chair drinking beer watching the folks go by. It doesn't get any better than this. Sold the long block before 9 am and the show doesn't even start till tomorrow.

Zundfolge1432 Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:40 pm

The show look close you'll see split parts.

Zundfolge1432 Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:48 pm

The foul air show was held at a religious shrine on the far side of town I got a few pics of that as well. I'll put them up later.

Zundfolge1432 Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:45 pm

Sorry but I didn't get a picture of the show during its height. I was really impressed but the metal art being done by one vendor. So here's a few pics and I hope someone puts up more.

driverlost Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:59 am

Great pics! We had 181 registered and the best guess is over 100 non registered. Almost ran out of room lol. Too bad you didn't make it back over. The Ozark event paid for and provided a free shuttle service to and from both shows.

It was really exciting that we had a long time VW owner and certified VW Mechanic return to Eureka Springs giving us another chance and got our longest distance travel award at just over 900 miles!

Godspeed on your return home Connie Holcomb!

Thanks everyone who made it out to Eureka Springs Arkansas no matter what show you attended! Lets shoot for 3000 VW's in 2017!

ahyesiam Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:43 am

[quote="Zundfolge1432"]Sorry but I didn't get a picture of the show during its height. I was really impressed but the metal art being done by one vendor. So here's a few pics and I hope someone puts up more.

You should have stuck around. This show was awesome and a breath of fresh air to the Eureka Springs VW weekend. Foul Air did a fabulous job.

Merelyatheory Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:55 am

It was the highlight of my VW life. The Passion Play's facilities were amazing. I wanted to get over to the other show but I had more than I could look at in in the time I had. Next Year my Beetle will be closer to my dream and I can't wait to bring him back.

ArkieBaja Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:57 am

driverlost Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:01 am

ahyesiam wrote:

You should have stuck around. This show was awesome and a breath of fresh air to the Eureka Springs VW weekend. Foul Air did a fabulous job.

Thank you so much!

Merelyatheory wrote: It was the highlight of my VW life. The Passion Play's facilities were amazing. I wanted to get over to the other show but I had more than I could look at in in the time I had. Next Year my Beetle will be closer to my dream and I can't wait to bring him back.

Great to read this and yes please do come back!

Here's a quick roll through video I found on youtube that was still pretty early in the day. We had no gaps in the first 2 rows by late afternoon.

Zundfolge1432 Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:27 pm

Yes from the looks of it you had a great show. Did anyone get pics of the guy making custom front end beams? This is a very talented individual, I bought a couple of license plate badges and the VW man. Someone told me he always sells out of merchandise. If there were five different shows I'd try to hit them all. :D strength in numbers, or maybe its strength through joy. Let's do it again next year.

driverlost Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:54 pm

Zundfolge1432 wrote: Yes from the looks of it you had a great show. Did anyone get pics of the guy making custom front end beams? This is a very talented individual, I bought a couple of license plate badges and the VW man. Someone told me he always sells out of merchandise. If there were five different shows I'd try to hit them all. :D strength in numbers, or maybe its strength through joy. Let's do it again next year.

:lol: Love it! I think he is part of our Foul Air Missouri chapter. The VW plate badges came in every goody bag this year and last. I'll do some checking and chime back in here.

Link to a very good video on dropbox (eureka springs classics)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwixd6msb05sstc/eureka%20springs%20classics.mp4?dl=0