TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: front wheel bearings and seal....
mgoodman Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:55 am

I picked up a sand rail not long back, going through everything and found some bad front bearings, full of sand and junk.

I pulled everything apart, but I am having a hard time locating new bearings. They are not stock apparently, maybe upgraded spindles?

Numbers on bearings :

4T 30305
4T 30304A

Seal:

40x62x11 S r 4.4

Can anyone point me in the right direction for new parts here?

tripicana Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:09 am

Did you try google?
Amazon has both those bearings...

Mal evolent Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:54 am

one fits a Nissan patrol, one is used on Kawasaki motorcycles. google "XXXX fits"

mgoodman Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:25 am

I managed to locate the ones I needed, on their way to me now... combination of Amazon and a bearing supply place.

I was hoping for them to arrive by the weekend, but doesn't look overly hopeful... so I guess I continue to tinker with the other things that need to be done on it.

PhillipM Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:17 am

They are a bit of a weird size, I used to have to special order mine over in the UK, nobody kept them in stock, so I made the new hubs take a more common pair of bearings instead that were half the price :lol:

mgoodman Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:39 am

Yeah... it was a bit odd, not sure if the spindles were upgraded or something. I was told by PO that the front was from a 73' bus. It is link pin and not ball joint, if that matters.