TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: During Brexit, we make a Vanagon Exit.. *New Video*
JED THE SPREAD Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Hi everyone.

Well it's been totally nuts here in the UK over the last few days. A big thanks to all of the forum members that have messaged me through social media to see if things are OK here in the UK. Well apart from the hype and van parts being really cheap for you to buy here at the moment due to the Pound sinking like a lead balloon against the Dollar :shock: everything is pretty much the same. Just lots of head scratching going on!

We figured the best thing to do was to load up the Westy and head out into the sticks with no TV and leave the radio turned off for 4 days and let things calm down a little.

This summers CampervanCulture.com Arctic Circle Video Series is creeping up fast. We took this opportunity to give the CVC Westy a bit of a shake down with some off road driving and chill time. This would hopefully flag up any weak points with the van so they could get sorted before we head north in a few weeks. It also gave the opportunity to test out some of the new camera gear we bought with the profit we make from the web shop that goes directly back into making the videos you guys and girls like to watch and we love to make.

Come ride with us once more..

http://campervanculture.com/2016/06/syncropendence-a-perfect-summer-trip-video-series-shakedown/

Merian Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:25 pm

is that brexit on your bumper in the 3rd pic?

Vanhalla Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:43 pm

Sweet video mate. Every time I watch them it makes me miss good ole blighty.

nemobuscaptain Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:11 am

JED THE SPREAD wrote: Well it's been totally nuts here in the UK over the last few days. A big thanks to all of the forum members that have messaged me through social media to see if things are OK here in the UK.
Did you guys retreat to the hills in your vanagons in case society collapsed without the bureaucrats in Brussels ruling all parts your lives? Glad youbsurvived it so far. How many casualties.

I for one will really be excited to buy cheaper VW parts from both te UK and the Brussels Empire. I hope we can see it in oarts prices soon.

Steve M. Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:46 am

JED THE SPREAD wrote: Hi everyone.

Getting out of town seems like a great idea. Media ultra -hype is just too much to bear sometimes. "Vanexit" sound about right for the times.

However, do you know where I can get a front bumper like this? :D :D :D

tjet Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:02 pm

Looks like a great trip. Hope all goes well in the UK

joetiger Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:51 pm

That camouflage Syncro Westy... 8)

Thanks for another great video Jed! You need to come spend a spring and summer out West for SyncroFest, Syncro Solstice, and a tour of the Rockies and the Northwest then make a feature film out of it.

WestyBob Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Appreciate your fine posts and videos, Jedster, and hope all will settle down for the better in the UK soon. Looking forward to seeing more.

We have our own zoo going on over here during this election year :wink: