TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Anyone else have or seen one of these kiddie rides?
TDCTDI Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:09 pm

I picked this up at a flea market years ago, it still has the motor & sound box but was missing the coin mechanism & base. I welded up a base & the kids enjoyed it.

TDCTDI Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:20 pm

The only other one I have ever seen was on an episode of monster garage with Jesse James and his midget buddy but that was 10 or so years ago.

Typ3nut Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:42 pm

Seen This One at Barnum's Bug Barn in Millington, Michigan.
Painted it up as Herbie The Love Bug and all the little kiddies were getting their picture taken in it. .25 Coin Operated, Still worked good.
I had seen another one about a year ago at a Trade Center, the thing was pretty beat-up.

Red Fau Veh Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:19 pm

TDCTDI wrote: The only other one I have ever seen was on an episode of monster garage with Jesse James and his midget buddy but that was 10 or so years ago. oh man, if you watch an old episode of that show the background noise is awful. It's like some digital grinding engine sound. It ruined the episode my buddy was on, can't watch it it's so bad.

jhicken Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:29 am

Hey, I got the same one. A Craigslist find. It was also missiog the coin box so i installed a on and off foot switch. Painted it and had a friend hand paint the Herbie graphics on it. It runs great and has the funky sound box on it that sounds like squealing tires and shifting through the gears.

I went a little nuts, made a seat out of VW seat cover material and a floor mat out of a old VW floor mat.

-jeffrey

WM971252 Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:13 am

Have seen and have had....

The base setup is used on many different rides. The coin box would be on a post. You can weld on a new post and get a coin box if you wanted to "bring" them back. The hardest part is running the wire.

We sell kiddie rides and have done everything on them so if you have questions I should be able to help.

TDCTDI Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Yeah, the soundtrack is pretty horrific, glad to know that it's not just mine.

Weldkingoc Sat May 16, 2020 4:08 pm

I just picked one of these up in pieces, anyone have pics of how the lower assembly looks with motor and frame and all? Im curious to see how it was set up as Im sure I am missing some pieces