TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Parts year change?
lowlifenotch Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:41 pm

What year did parts from 61 62 change. I have a early 62 notch and I'm trying to figure out what year parts I can look at and still be correct.

Donnie strickland Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:53 pm

You might want to consider keeping all your questions in one build thread. It's generally easier for everyone to keep up with what's been asked and answered, and what all you've done to your car, and what parts you need.

lowlifenotch Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:12 pm

lowlifenotch wrote: What year did parts from 61 62 change. I have a early 62 notch and I'm trying to figure out what year parts I can look at and still be correct.

Got it. Well the main things I need are rear popouts, front seats, z armrest and trim of for the pushbuttons on the dash. Thanks for the advice though

Tram Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:19 pm

lowlifenotch wrote: lowlifenotch wrote: What year did parts from 61 62 change. I have a early 62 notch and I'm trying to figure out what year parts I can look at and still be correct.

Got it. Well the main things I need are rear popouts, front seats, z armrest and trim of for the pushbuttons on the dash. Thanks for the advice though

Some items are '61/2 only, like the popouts. IIRC your car should also have the all white shift knob, early nose badge, and "big 1500" script on the rear.

Trim for the pushbuttons is the same through '64.

Other parts are '61-63, but like I said, there are some specialized items that are early- early only.

Some early cars had 4 vent knobs instead of 3 as well.

If I recall there are some "What makes it early" type threads that notchboy started on here. You might want to pm him with some questions as he is THE early early car geek.

lowlifenotch Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:06 pm

Tram you are awsome my friend!! I have the all white knobs, good to know on the push button trim, I have the 1500 badge, I have 2 fresh air on the dash one knob on the passenger side, Im not sure what iirc is and what the early badge looks like..? ll check out that thread and hit that guy up

SBD Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:34 pm

IIRC=If I Recall Correctly. 8)

Bozrath Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:06 am

Hi
61 has the white shifter knob and the 4 air buttons, 62 has the 2colour shift knob, is it before august 62 it has the cat eye mirror, i checked this since i bought an original 62 nothch with an extra set of pop outs with white knob in good condition.

EverettB Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:14 am

Bozrath wrote: 62 has the 2colour shift knob

Do you mean the grey/white knob? That is later.

62s and early 63s have the all white shift knob.

White on the left here